Chinese Rotomolded Coolers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big Mike View Post
    If I read the specs right the 45 QT cooler is 11.5 KG, almost 25 pounds. That’s a lot of weight to haul around, without ice.
    A Yeti of similar size is basically exactly the same weight. They are heavy because they are well made and well insulated. The only real advantage is if you do any extended trips out of a cooler. For a days use these are not necessary.
    2015 Hobie Outback
    2001 Dagger Cayman

John

Comment

My 45 Yeti was a great companion on a long summer road/camping trip. Kept food cold in a hot car for days. Block ice when I could get it worked better than cubes. I would usually add 8 pounds of ice every 3 to 4 days. There was always some ice still left. I'd drain most of the water and add the new ice. These would probably perform similarly. I agree with Silasvirus82 though no need for day trips.
      Last edited by WOOD YAK; 11-16-2017, 09:47 PM.
      WOOD DUCK 12

Comment

I'm interested in participating in the group buy. I prefer a cooler w/ wheels.

Comment

I'm still working on shipping, this is not going to be easy, but hopefully worth it. It looks like we have maybe 5 commitments plus a few people I know personally, so it might be doable. I might get an extra 10 and make a buck or two, see how the shipping quote looks when it comes back.

I will say this is the only rotomolded cooler I've seen with a wheel option, which I think is great. The hardware is all quality stainless and you can actually buy replacement parts for these if need be too. I wouldn't count on the logo at this point though, but you can pick whatever color option, including mixed, you want.
          2015 Hobie Outback
          2001 Dagger Cayman

John

Comment

Take a look at Rtic coolers. They are 25% off now. I bought a 45 for around $120
            Hobie Revolution 13
            Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

I am looking for a cheap fish kill cooler... I'd like something like a 65 if possible. How much would that be?
              Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
              Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
              https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

These look great and I would be up for one, possibly two. What size has the wheels? Also do you have a price for the 20L? Also do you have any dimensions, particularly 45L and 65L(75)? Want to see what will fit in my front rod rack.
                thanks for putting this together.
                Jay

10' Green Slayer
                13’ Red Slayer

Comment

Originally posted by summersoff View Post
                  These look great and I would be up for one, possibly two. What size has the wheels? Also do you have a price for the 20L? Also do you have any dimensions, particularly 45L and 65L(75)? Want to see what will fit in my front rod rack.
                  thanks for putting this together.
                  I’m still trying to figure out reliable shipping arrangements, so the final price will be based on that. You can expect just the cooler to be around $50 up to 45L and closer to $100 for 80L and up. I believe the wheels are only offered on 45L and up. I’ll provide dimensions and final prices when I get firm shipping numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  2015 Hobie Outback
                  2001 Dagger Cayman

John

Comment

I finally got a shipping price back and for 10 coolers it works up to about $30/cooler for freight. Obviously that figure could be reduced with more coolers, but I'm not going into the cooler business. So, that puts us around $80 for smaller coolers (likely less since they charge shipping by size) and $130 for large coolers. Those are conservative figures, but they should be pretty close to actuals. That is definitely cheaper than anything here, so before I go any further I'm going to start a headcount and see if we still have the interest. Keep in mind you can order what ever color (including multi), size, and wheels/no wheels configuration you want.

silasvirus82 - 1 45QT, 1 75QT, 1 110QT
                    summersoff -
                    Redfish12 -
                    whenican - 1 45QT
                    kuljc -
                    yakscientist - 1 45QT
                    thehobielife - 1 45QT
                    Memory Maker - 1 110QT, 1 ?
                    Last edited by silasvirus82; 12-01-2017, 10:34 AM.
                    2015 Hobie Outback
                    2001 Dagger Cayman

John

Comment

I think I'm in for a 45 but I will have to check out those links to see exactly which one I want. Don't think I can swing 130$ for a cooler but 80 I could do.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by silasvirus82 View Post
                        I finally got a shipping price back and for 10 coolers it works up to about $30/cooler for freight. Obviously that figure could be reduced with more coolers, but I'm not going into the cooler business. So, that puts us around $80 for smaller coolers (likely less since they charge shipping by size) and $130 for large coolers. Those are conservative figures, but they should be pretty close to actuals. That is definitely cheaper than anything here, so before I go any further I'm going to start a headcount and see if we still have the interest. Keep in mind you can order what ever color (including multi), size, and wheels/no wheels configuration you want.

silasvirus82 - 1 45L, 2-3 80L, maybe others
                        summersoff -
                        Redfish12 -
                        whenican -
                        kuljc -
                        yakscientist -
                        thehobielife -
                        I'm good for a White 45qt, just need to verify dimensions to make sure it will fit under my leaning post on the boat.
                        Matt (Formerly CB Kayak 02 "Over 3,000 Posts")
                        CCA Annapolis Chapter President

Hobie Outback 2015

Comment

Originally posted by thehobielife View Post
                          I'm good for a White 45qt, just need to verify dimensions to make sure it will fit under my leaning post on the boat.
                          Capture.jpg
                          2015 Hobie Outback
                          2001 Dagger Cayman

John

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22643[/ATTACH]
                            Okay put me on the list. $80 sounds fair and cheaper with more ordered sounds even better.
                            Matt (Formerly CB Kayak 02 "Over 3,000 Posts")
                            CCA Annapolis Chapter President

Hobie Outback 2015

Comment

Hope people don't see this as thread highjacking, but I thought I'd mention the following:

Coleman's Xtreme cooler get's pretty high marks (this video shows the Xtreme beating out a Yeti in a ice thaw contest). The 50 quart with wheels is on sale for $19 if interested...

Dimensions: 18.00 x 33.00 x 20.00 Inches
                              https://slickdeals.net/f/10970791-co...e-available-19

smithmal
                              smithmal

2017 Native Ultimate 12 (Lagoon Blue)
                              Bending Branches Angler Pro Plus Paddle

2016 Old Town Twin Heron Tandem (Mango)

2012 Nova Craft Pal 16' in Royalex-Lite (Burgundy)

1990 Radisson 12' (SportsPal)

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22643[/ATTACH]
                                thanks silasvirus82 for setting this up. I tried looking around their alibaba site, but couldn't see if they made anything in the yeti 160 or 210 size range. They might start to get out of my price range, but are you able to ask for these specs and prices?

Comment

Working...
                                X