Thread: Joisey

Default Joisey

Took out the bigger, faster kayak today (wink), and got into some ridonkulous pigs (30-50) It was glass and saw some yakers out there. Whales and bait everywhere. Time to call out sick and get up there
    90DB2F7D-307D-4484-8B79-73729C94241D.jpg
    13' Sand Revo
    16' Yellow Tarpon
    10' Red Ocean Tandem
    Old Red Cherokee

I am thinking of heading up later this week. How far off shore were you? Any in the surf (in case the surf zone is too rough)?
    Bruce

Wilderness System, Thresher 155

I felt real bad for the surf guys, the bait was inches too far. I didn't see any from the surf, but than again, most surf guys fish at night, so who knows. But honestly I would bring the surf rods. I would thrown swim shads in the day, start with danny's or even a donny if you got 'em for they are busting big bunker. I would chuck rigged eels at night or big darters. I think the surf is going to blow up any day now.
    It is definitely doable in a yak, weather permitted, but as you know, bad weather means good surf fishing. They were only a couple hundreds yards of the beach.
    13' Sand Revo
    16' Yellow Tarpon
    10' Red Ocean Tandem
    Old Red Cherokee

Quote Originally Posted by summersoff View Post
    Took out the bigger, faster kayak today (wink), and got into some ridonkulous pigs (30-50) It was glass and saw some yakers out there. Whales and bait everywhere. Time to call out sick and get up there
    90DB2F7D-307D-4484-8B79-73729C94241D.jpg
    Do we just meet you at the dock or do you pick us up in the boat?

Nice work man, I’m headed up to fish the surf on island beach state park on Thursday. Have been debating the kayak for a few days but i think you may have swayed me. Were you north of seaside? I’m just worried about securing my kayak overnight while i stay in the hotel.

^^^^
    Do what I do, and sleep in the truck.
    13' Sand Revo
    16' Yellow Tarpon
    10' Red Ocean Tandem
    Old Red Cherokee