Thread: OC Tog 11/11

Default OC Tog 11/11

Although the meet and greet was cancelled, I still went out to the inlet for a few hours this morning to fish for tog. Launched at first light with a few green crabs I had on me, and with the tide low, I made a pit stop on the way out to search for some Asian crabs to make sure I had plenty of bait. Asian crabs were easy to find and while gathering them I found two dozens littlenecks as a bonus.

Fishing was a little slow when I first started, but it picked up quickly after the first hour and tog bit on a fairly consistent basis the rest of the time. I caught maybe about 2 dozen fish in total. Although it probably could of been more but I got in a funk for a little while and the tog were throwing heaters right past me - swinging and missing repeatedly! It was like I had noodle hooks all of a sudden.

I ended up getting two keepers 19" and 17" and 2 others that were right on the 16" line but I opted to let them go because it was too close to call. The last hour I was out there 2 boats anchored up near me and were into fish as well, including keepers.

Glad to hear you got into some keeper tog! Im headed out for my first tog trip of the season tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jake

I am glad hear the keeper report.
    Now We have more choices.

Thanks
    Joe
    Fish like there's no tomorrow.

We went down a few weeks ago. Had to stay in the back bay due to wind. We got 5 keeps and 100+ unders and burned through 7qts of green crabs. lol. I'd love to have an underwater video of what's going on down there. The #'s of tog you can pull from one spot is unreal.