Janes Island

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Janes Island

I'll be heading down to Janes Island for a week this Sunday. Can anyone give me a heads up on what's biting there now? Tackle Suggestions?
    Thanks

Water temps have been a little above average this year so you might still find some specks lingering around that far north, but the vast majority of the fishing is going to be stripers. All the typical stuff working - soft plastic, hard baits, and topwater.
    Brian

Comment

Went out with my Father-in-law two weeks ago on a charter - out of Crisfield - fished the little islands and creeks all around the area. Crossed the Sound, and fished around Smith Island too. Stripers were everywhere - just not many big ones. We each caught about 35 fish, with one keeper. Average fish was 16 - 18". I'd imagine they are still in there thick, and the guide told us that once the water temp drops, the bigger fish come up.

Good luck.
      2015 Hobie Revolution 13
      2016 Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

On end of high tide try venturing as far up the some of the guts/creeks and fish some of the deeper holes around the bends and then fish the start of outgoing. i generally troll weedless paddle tails and then once the tide starts rolling out I'll throw topwater. Should still be good down there, water temps have been up. If you need anything last minute, let me know and I can get an order out to you before you leave. www.jigthebay.com
        Matt (Formerly CB Kayak 02 "Over 3,000 Posts")
        CCA Annapolis Chapter President

Hobie Outback 2015

Comment

That's what I'm banking on.. With these temps dropping so should the water. Thanks Matt.. Think I got everything covered plus no time for shipping but def keeping you in mind bud.

Comment

Working...
          X