Severn first timer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Severn first timer

So with the bridge being half closed this weekend for the run across the bay, I decided to try somewhere new. I launched at Jonas with my brother in law. Couldn’t beat the sight of the USNA from the water and exploring the new area was quickly greeted by a mid twenties striper on a trolled clouser, chartreuse over white.
    Kept peddling with the falling tide and didn’t have a bite for some time , a lot of bait in the river still. Got into breaking fish and was a not stop cast and catch mission. Had over 30 stripers in an hour and a half. Light pullage from schoolie fish but was a lot of fun.
    On the trip back to the launch I got hammered again on the clouser. Fish had me into my backing and a deep bend in the rod. 30 inch fish was lost boat side , so an inwater catch and release. Ouch. I almost forgot what a big fish felt like after hand stripping in schoolies all day.
    I will be back, met a few other anglers out there on their pro anglers. Hope they did well too.
    Tight lines
    Rich

Wow, that’s great news on your day. The Severn has been off/on all fall, maybe we will finally have some fun.
    John Rentch
    Annapolis

Native Ultimate 12 FX Pro
    Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

Nice going. It is good to hear that some large fish are within reach of Jonas.

I trolled near the river mouth this afternoon and had a few modest fish plus an incredibly fat 23" striper that pulled like a larger fish. I saw many birds sitting on the water but never saw them diving on bait. At various spots I found lots of bait balls and some fish arches near the bottom on the depth finder in depths ranging from 12' to 21'.
      John Veil
      Annapolis
      Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Working...
      X