CBBT (Lone Flounder!) Fri 11-3-17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CBBT (Lone Flounder!) Fri 11-3-17

…but don’t get excited. It was a short at 15 ½ inches. On the double hook rig, it ate the frozen shrimp instead of the Gulp mullet. I also caught toads, BSBs and a blue.

I talked to two other yakers. One guy said he caught tog, but didn’t say if it was a keeper. Another fellow caught short togs as well as the usual toads and BSBs.

Maybe it’s time to target specks in the rivers/inlets.

The day was near perfect; 1 ft waves/surf, 70s, blue sky and light winds. Water temp: 66 deg.
    Attached Files
    2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Dang! I just can't fish on weekend. This water temp transition time is tough at CBBT.
    For that, I carry both speck and tog tackle between the mid Oct and the end of Nov. I also try to fish CBBT less than 4 hours so that I have enough time to fish Rudee. Until togs are reasonably active, I try to fish CBBT from 1 hour before the end of the incoming tide to 2 hours after the start of the outgoing tide.

I think I can fish one day during the Veterans Day weekend.

Joe
    Fish like there's no tomorrow.
    Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

Maybe CHSP then with it being colder there. Togs and BSB is what I'm seeing.

Comment

Working...
      X