Impressive inexpensive fishing tackle box from HF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impressive inexpensive fishing tackle box from HF

Thought I'd mention this as I recently saw someone using this product on a YT video I recently watched (which now I can't seem to find).

Harbor Freight sells this tool box that includes 4 plano-like tackle boxes allowing it to readily be used as a kayaking fishing tackle box. You've got plenty of room in the top for odds and ends (tools, fish gripper, cell phone, keys, etc) and then four plano-like boxes to put in fishing tackle all for $15 and some change.

HF will be having a Veteren's Day sale 11/9 - 11/12 in which every item in the store will be 20% off so you drop another $3 off the final price.

That's a pretty strong deal. I know we have a bunch of HF's in our area. I stopped by today and there were many in the Gaithersburg, MD store. I'm going to use mine to keep my hooks, weights, swivels, etc. and maybe some smaller crankbaits and jigs.

For my larger soft plastic lures I use a much larger Flambeau Ultimate Tuff Tainer tackle boxes which you can get pretty cheap at Walmart.

smithmal
    smithmal

2017 Native Ultimate 12 (Lagoon Blue)
    Bending Branches Angler Pro Plus Paddle

2016 Old Town Twin Heron Tandem (Mango)

2012 Nova Craft Pal 16' in Royalex-Lite (Burgundy)

1990 Radisson 12' (SportsPal)

Found the video.

Check it out around the 1:30 mark.

smithmal
    smithmal

Comment

It's actually a nice tackle box but I think not for kayak fishing. I wouldn't want to have to grab something out of my basket that I am going to have to open and slide a box that I am also going to have to open. I crave simplicity on the kayak and like things easily within reach with a minimum of fuss.

Comment

Originally posted by DonV View Post
        It's actually a nice tackle box but I think not for kayak fishing. I wouldn't want to have to grab something out of my basket that I am going to have to open and slide a box that I am also going to have to open. I crave simplicity on the kayak and like things easily within reach with a minimum of fuss.
        Agreed. It’s a good “mother ship” tackle box to keep in the car, and used to replenish a one or two tray set-up in the kayak. But hey, different strokes.

Comment

I'm presently using it to keep my weights, swivels and tools (top hatch) into. The plano-type boxes are not long/deep enough to fit my softbaits/crank baits in.

smithmal
          smithmal

Comment

Working...
          X