231 Bridge, Benedict

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 231 Bridge, Benedict

Wanting to go out Saturday. Was thinking about Gilbert Run, since they stocked it recently with trout...but I'm itching for a good catfish fight. Anybody done any fishing around the 231 bridge? If so, where about and with what? I normally haunt Fort Washington and Marshall Hall. Looking to expand a little....
    Hobie Outback
    Stand Up Paddle Board
    Pelican 100

Originally posted by clm View Post
    Wanting to go out Saturday. Was thinking about Gilbert Run, since they stocked it recently with trout...but I'm itching for a good catfish fight. Anybody done any fishing around the 231 bridge? If so, where about and with what? I normally haunt Fort Washington and Marshall Hall. Looking to expand a little....
    Several years ago I crushed 4 to 6 pound cats in October in the main channel by the bridge.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by chuckryon4220 View Post
      Several years ago I crushed 4 to 6 pound cats in October in the main channel by the bridge.

Is that area yak friendly....as in, will I get ran over if I'm anchored there? I have a good FF, so locating the channel and fish won't be an issue if they are around
      Hobie Outback
      Stand Up Paddle Board
      Pelican 100

Comment

Originally posted by clm View Post
        Is that area yak friendly....as in, will I get ran over if I'm anchored there? I have a good FF, so locating the channel and fish won't be an issue if they are around
        Not much boat traffic there this time of year and you can launch at allowing pt DNR center on the Calvert county side or off the beach below the bridge on the Charles county side. Current can be fast on a outgoing tide with a north wind, but should not be a problem. Good luck!

Comment

Thanks....decisions decisions...new place or Gilbert Run....gonna load up tonight and think on it...��
          Hobie Outback
          Stand Up Paddle Board
          Pelican 100

Comment

Working...
          X