No announcement yet.

Jigthebay.com Launch Tomorrow 11/1 - 10% entire order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Running the Coast DVDs are now in stock. A great documentary on the striper migration. Lots of great information and fishing footage!! Don't forget about the great deals offered this week!

www.jigthebay.com
    Matt (Formerly CB Kayak 02 "Over 3,000 Posts")
    CCA Annapolis Chapter President

Hobie Outback 2015

Comment

I'll give a plug for the EliasV paddle tails. They catch when storm shads and tsnunami shads just don't. Can be trolled or jigged and are great for early and late season cold water fish. We busted out a couple packs with Walleye Pete this spring and pretty soon we had the whole boat tossing their BKDs and putting on the Elias shads.
      Hobie Revo 13 carribean blue

My YouTube Channel

Comment

Are you going to sell rods or reels on the site, or keep it to tackle and literature? Also, any recommendations for a 50-100$ spinning rod that I can learn how to jig on, and will hold up pretty well to a noob? I've got plenty of ugly stiks (and an ugly stik elite), just wondering if there are any comparable rods for just a little bit more money. And I know everyone will chime in with 150-250$ recommendations but that's honestly not going to happen anytime soon.

Comment

St. Croix Premier, Fenwick Silverhawk, Shimano Crucial (this one might be pushing it) are all good rods in that price range that I've used to jig before. Just get the right action for the jig weight/depth you will be fishing.
          Hobie Revo 13 carribean blue

My YouTube Channel

Comment

Originally posted by Romo View Post
            St. Croix Premier, Fenwick Silverhawk, Shimano Crucial (this one might be pushing it) are all good rods in that price range that I've used to jig before. Just get the right action for the jig weight/depth you will be fishing.
            Thank you! Will look into each of those. It might be the sort of deal where I will use my current setups, and then if LTJ really floats my yak, then I will just bite the bullet and get one of the buoy 21 rods that Alan swears by.

Comment

Originally posted by yakscientist View Post
              Are you going to sell rods or reels on the site, or keep it to tackle and literature? Also, any recommendations for a 50-100$ spinning rod that I can learn how to jig on, and will hold up pretty well to a noob? I've got plenty of ugly stiks (and an ugly stik elite), just wondering if there are any comparable rods for just a little bit more money. And I know everyone will chime in with 150-250$ recommendations but that's honestly not going to happen anytime soon.

No rods or reels (shipping hassles and dealer status is not easy) keeping to the smaller production local/regional companies and the products like ZMan that are great for our fishery.

Hobie Outback 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Romo View Post
                I'll give a plug for the EliasV paddle tails. They catch when storm shads and tsnunami shads just don't. Can be trolled or jigged and are great for early and late season cold water fish. We busted out a couple packs with Walleye Pete this spring and pretty soon we had the whole boat tossing their BKDs and putting on the Elias shads.

Thanks romo, they definitely show a higher level of quality than a lot of the mass produced baits and they really do produce fish!!

Hobie Outback 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Jesserkirk View Post
                  When will you carry G-Eye jigs?
                  G-Eye Jigs are now stocked on the website along with some other new brands since we opened. Check it out!! Thanks

Hobie Outback 2015

Comment

Working...
                  X