10/29/17 - Ft. Armistead and Windfinder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10/29/17 - Ft. Armistead and Windfinder

Yesterday was a very windy day. The morning started with heavy sustained winds at 14 mph with gusts to 25 mph. I typically browse www.windfinder.com and more specifically use their super-forecast which is an hourly look at wind in an effort to plan my outings. Yesterday, the website predicted a drop in wind at 3 pm, a wind direction shift and a sharp pick up in wind speed around 5 pm. They got it right and my brother and I arrived at Armistead at 3:30 for a quick session. We fished for an hour and 40 minutes as the wind started to really pick up again. He got 4 fish, two at 22 inches and two shorts. I got three 24, 21 and a short. Rain gear was a must, we fished wet but as you all know some of the best days can be had in the worst conditions!

IMG_3657.jpg
    XXXMedium

Hobie PA12
    Native Ultimate 14.5 Tandem (Snakehead Rig)

Nice report and nice picture. I like your PA-12 with Sea-dek?
    Way to go get them.

Yak67
    2017 Hobie PA-12 Camo
    2016 Hobie Outback LE#217

Comment

Nicely done, I fished Fort Smallwood Saturday morning and had a blast. Non stop catching but all shorts. I was surrounded by bait, birds and fish for about 5 hours. I kept thinking I should move and try to find bigger fish but I was having fun with the constant bite.
      Jim

Hobie Outback
      TKAA member
      Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers inc.

Everyone should believe in something... I believe I'll go fishing.

Comment

Thanks Yak67...Its Marine Mat. I outfitted the entire yak at Delaware Paddle Sports also picked up a drysuit. I have kayaked fished for a long time but always in warmer weather...water temps over 60's. I hope to snag a trophy from this plush Pro Angler in the very near future!!!!

Rockchaser I love days like to one you had on Saturday! Did you run south of the launch??
        XXXMedium

Hobie PA12

Comment

Nice job, dealing with the weather and getting some fish. There are some bigger fish around. My friend and I fished the mouth of the river in his center console on Friday. We got 6 from 22" to 32" and a couple shorts.

Comment

Originally posted by XXXMedium View Post
            Thanks Yak67...Its Marine Mat. I outfitted the entire yak at Delaware Paddle Sports also picked up a drysuit. I have kayaked fished for a long time but always in warmer weather...water temps over 60's. I hope to snag a trophy from this plush Pro Angler in the very near future!!!!

Rockchaser I love days like to one you had on Saturday! Did you run south of the launch??
            I ran straight off the ramp and just chased the birds all around in big circles in about 12 feet of water. I ran out to about 16 feet of water but then the birds went back in toward land. I was never really out of site of the launch.
            Jim

Hobie Outback
            TKAA member
            Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers inc.

Everyone should believe in something... I believe I'll go fishing.

Comment

Excellent job, I love hitting up Armistead for a quickie! Fish that is lol
              Zach Bennett
              Linthicum MD
              2014 Hobie Outback
              Instagram: YakinZak
              Youtube: YakinZak
              Email: Yakinzak@gmail.com

Comment

Hit Armistead yesterday afternoon, started out slow but ended up with about a dozen. I measured the first 5, a short, a 21", 2-24", and a 30". The rest were probably 24" and smaller, it sure beat watching the Ravens.

Comment

Nice Mike!

That is a sweet report.
                  XXXMedium

Hobie PA12

Comment

Thanks xxxmedium, No birds it took a while to find them. They were a little deeper than you were fishing.

Comment

Working...
                    X