Repairs to Lady Luck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repairs to Lady Luck

Not saying the last trip to the inlet at St. J’s Creek was really nasty rough, but I did break two of my accessories there Friday evening in some breaking surf...my YakAttack Carbon Visipole snapped off at the mount and my one inch Ram ball snapped off in the gear track that holds my Hummingbird GPS/Sonar combo...I was able to repair the Visipole by removing the piece of the broken shaft, hacksawing the remaining shaft square and gluing the shaft into the base mount- lost about an inch or so of the height, so it wasn’t that bad a repair...not so fortunate with the RAM mount- had to order a new ball mount for the base that fits in the gear track...no local source, so I ordered from the RAM factory outlet website- 2 business day free shipping- $14.99...next week the Lady Luck should be back seaworthy and ready to fish again...
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

friday was a disaster for me too....rods took a beating......and my body paddling IN that wind and surf #tenniselbowsucks
    14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
    2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Bill’s Revo took a pretty good pounding, too...the other Snaggedliners went out into the inlet and turned around and came back inside...

Comment

Originally posted by ronaultmtd View Post
        .....and my one inch Ram ball snapped off in the gear track that holds my Hummingbird GPS/Sonar combo...
        I love my RAM mounts but those gear track ball mounts have been a sore spot for me. Ive snapped off two of them just hand tightening them this year and had a couple more snap due to conditions. Seems like a weak point in an otherwise strong product line.
        "Fish on a Dish" - 2017 Jackson Big Tuna
        Jackson Cuda 12

Comment

Yeah...mine broke in the radius under the ball-sheared clean off...at its thinnest point...

Comment

Working...
          X