Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for calm, productive spots when friends come visit.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for calm, productive spots when friends come visit.

I know this will vary greatly depending on season, but I was wondering if some of you might offer some advice on some spots that are a bit more protected on windy days yet still productive for any kind of fish. I have friends that come visit and some of them are relatively inexperienced when it comes to kayak fishing. I have the ability to move all three of my kayaks in my vehicle and as long as someone else drives a second car, three of us can fish.

However, as many of you have probably experienced, when your friends schedule their visits the weather doesn't always cooperate. I live on the main stem of the Chesapeake Bay so when the wind is blowing, it can be a harsh introduction for a new kayak fisherman. I've attached a picture that shows the area that I live. The blue spot is where I live. The red pin is one of the spots I was interested in. Does anyone have any advice on this spot or any other protected area to try? I think friends would be willing to drive up to an hour on the average trip if it meant calmer conditions.

IMG_0096.jpg
    Attached Files
    Native Titan Propel 12
    Humminbird Helix 7 MEGA DI/SI

Solo Skiff
    Mercury 6hp
    Humminbird Helix 7 MEGA DI/SI
    Minn Kota Riptide Powerdrive w/ Spot-Lock
Working...
X