No announcement yet.

Slow Weekend - Eastern Bay / Kent Narrows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

“i'm taking the day off tomorrow to head out there again since the wind is gonna lay down pretty well. I'll try to post up what's happening. One tip I remember from Battista's trolling book is from a story he tells about missing like a whole trophy season because the wind would never lay down when he had off from work. Lesson was to take best advantage you can of good days since the weeks ahead never guarantee good days.”

Yep...everyday that is decent that you can squeeze in...not sure about how much drag in the water those modified Alabama rigs produce- never pulled one...looks like a Rube Goldberg device to me, but if it works for you...headed out for some top water action this afternoon...meeting up with Bill after he gets off work...Gary fished north this morning and Big Mike is off, so it is catch as catch can...winds will be the determining factor over the next couple of weeks...and they can blow for days...Redfish are still here...I think the Specks are still around although I haven’t caught one in a couple of trips...water temps are still in mid to upper 60’s...the Stripers are really “footballs”...fat and sassy...drag pullers...even the 20 inch fish
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Originally posted by nhunter344 View Post
      I know sabiki rigs with more than two hooks cant be used in MD, but is an umbrella rig considered a single lure or do they have the same restrictions as sabiki rigs?

I've been out the past three weekends, but I hoping to get down to the bay at least one more time. I might be down there early Saturday if the morning forecast holds up. Looking like Sunday will be a no go.
      Not as many fish in the river today as last weekend. Two of us managed a 30 inch and a 22 with about 10 shorts. Put in at 630 am this morning and off water by 1. Got the 30 about 2 hours after low tide. Almost all fish today on yozuri crystal deep minnow.

Solar/lunar prediction was for an awesome day but current prediction was for lowest current of the month. We could really feel that the current never really got going. Wind was flat till noon as predicted. Hope the wind cooperates for you if you head out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ccchrisccc View Post
        Not as many fish in the river today as last weekend. Two of us managed a 30 inch and a 22 with about 10 shorts. Put in at 630 am this morning and off water by 1. Got the 30 about 2 hours after low tide. Almost all fish today on yozuri crystal deep minnow.

Solar/lunar prediction was for an awesome day but current prediction was for lowest current of the month. We could really feel that the current never really got going. Wind was flat till noon as predicted. Hope the wind cooperates for you if you head out.

IMG_2248.JPG

Comment

Working...
        X