A Sunday morning kinda Slower/Lower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Sunday morning kinda Slower/Lower

Kevin, Ethan, Big Mike and I launched in the dusky dark this morning as the pale glow was just starting to show on the horizon- flat calm...eerie calm...but I will gladly take it- we hit a hot top water bite with blow ups, hookups every where...non stop action for over an hour...most fish were 19 inches or slightly under- I boated a 20 1/2 but Mike said he didn’t want any fish so back it went...switched to XRap and 1/4 oz jighead swimbait..steady catching fish- got another 20 1/4 inch legal fish that I released. Casting to the shallows on the flats I hooked into a strong fish...a really fat 17 15/16 inch Redfish...I promised my wife I would be home early so I left the fish still biting and loaded up the Lady Luck headed home by 10...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

It was one of those top water mornings that you dream about. Decent sized fish breaking in small boils of three or four fish and then a pop up somewhere else. Poppers swatted in the air, missed swirls, rod bent, big smile. Because of some pending surgery this was probably my last trip of the year and I can’t think of a better way to end it up.
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

Mike it has been a real pleasure to fish with you and Gary this year- SMOG has had one hell of a productive year- best of luck with the surgery, my friend.
      "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
      2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
      "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
      Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Originally posted by ronaultmtd View Post
        Mike it has been a real pleasure to fish with you and Gary this year- SMOG has had one hell of a productive year- best of luck with the surgery, my friend.
        Ethan and I had a great weekend and enjoyed both Piney Point Saturday and St Jerome's Sunday. Lots of fish and a few keepers!

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk
        Last edited by kevinfry; 10-22-2017, 08:02 PM.
        14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
        2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

My grandson thinks his dad's fish is pretty awesome

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk
          14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
          2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Working...
          X