How should I go about this? MD Regs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How should I go about this? MD Regs

Here's my dilemma. The weather is looking good and its my last free weekend for awhile. So with the Mrs's blessing, I plan on bouncing around the bay this weekend without returning home, crashing at whatever campsites, cheap hotels, etc I can find.

The issue that arises is that I will be fishing a total of three days with only my kayak, gear and a cooler full of ice. I plan on catching as much as I legally can to fill the freezer for the winter. Hopefully, if all goes well, I will be catching my limits. That's means on days two and three, I could potentially have up 2 or 4 fish in the cooler from previous days. What I don't want, is to come off the water and have the DNR police catch me throwing two fish in a cooler that already has 4 fish in it (even though they are from previous days).

I'm hoping I don't have to suck it up and make the daily drive back and forth every day.
    "Fish on a Dish" - 2017 Jackson Big Tuna
    Jackson Cuda 12

I suggest that you call or email the DNR police and ask their advice.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Maybe have a second cooler in the truck for the previous days catch. You definitely don't want to bring those fish on the water with you. But yea, I'd call DNR to see how to deal with this
      Ryan
      Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
      Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Thanks. After thinking it over, that's probably the best option with the most legal recourse. I won't be posting the answer here. I don't need this thread to become a how-to for those who don't care about creel limits.

In fact, if any admin can delete this thread, feel free to do so.
        Jackson Cuda 12

Comment

Legally, you are allowed a single day's possession limit whether the count is made in your kayak or vehicle.

Comment

That was my default interpretation. Grrrr, going to rack up some miles this weekend!
            Jackson Cuda 12

Comment

Photo credible pics may help with date and timestamp

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
              2016 Hobie Mirage Outback Olive
              LOWRANCE Hook7

Comment

Originally posted by toadfinger View Post
                Legally, you are allowed a single day's possession limit whether the count is made in your kayak or vehicle.
                Daily creel is different from season possession... daily may be 6 while possession 24 meaning u can have 12 but 6 need to be from yesterday

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
                2016 Hobie Mirage Outback Olive
                LOWRANCE Hook7

Comment

Working...
                X