Magothy River, Wednesday, Oct. 18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magothy River, Wednesday, Oct. 18

Trolled paddletails between Ferry Point and Cool Spring Cove on flat water with no wind this morning. Landed two nice rock--a 19" and a 24.5" keeper among several smaller fish. The big one hit in 14 ft of water outside Cool Spring Cove. Water temp was 67 degrees. Action is definitely heating up in this area! Al
    IMG_3761.jpg

Nice catch. Your post title says Magothy River, but the place names sound like the Severn. Either way, it is good to see the fall bite picking up.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Excellent. Great to hear!! Congrats.
      Bruce

Hobie PA 14
      Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Comment

Originally posted by J.A. Veil View Post
        Nice catch. Your post title says Magothy River, but the place names sound like the Severn. Either way, it is good to see the fall bite picking up.
        John I thought the exact same, but to my amazement they both do have those landmarks (see attached)magothy.JPG
        Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

Originally posted by mchottie View Post
          John I thought the exact same, but to my amazement they both do have those landmarks (see attached)[ATTACH=CONFIG]22473[/ATTACH]

Michael - Thanks for the geography lesson. I never knew there were areas with the same name on both rivers.
          John Veil
          Annapolis
          Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

I see on Michael's Map that there is also a Mill Creek off of the Magothy.

I didn't know we had two Mill Creeks either. We have one on the Magothy and one off of Whitehall Bay:

Capture.jpg
            Mark
            Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
            Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
            Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Nice problem we have: too many estuaries for unique names!

Comment

Working...
              X