No announcement yet.

Book Plagiarism?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Add this as another reason why I don't use Facebook.

Comment

Originally posted by DanMarino View Post
      Add this as another reason why I don't use Facebook.
      As much as I despise the negative aspects of FB, there is no denying its unique ability to keep people in tune with each other that would otherwise grow apart. To be honest, FB took a dive as soon as the baby boomers generation logged in and started bringing in social issues and their opinions. But that's just my opinion.
      2015 Hobie Outback
      2001 Dagger Cayman

John

Comment

Originally posted by silasvirus82 View Post
        The posts on Kimbro's FB page today are getting more ridiculous.

Maybe a previous poster was right and someone is simply upset the other person might be stealing their thunder, and if that's the case it's pathetic.
        BINGO!

I, and others (the list is very long, and thanks for the PM's sharing your stories having to deal with it as well), have had to deal with his behavior for years. It's nothing new but has been done privately. This time he's done it too publicly and too blatantly that the whole community now sees his true colors. None of those targeted engage with him because we're adults and it's absolutely ridiculous for grown men to act this way. But now he's put it out in the open for everyone to see the antagonistic bully he truly is. If he had a problem, he has my contact information. We could have discussed it like men, but instead he put out a passive aggressive post to the world with no other purpose than to tarnish my personal reputation and to discredit the work I've done. There is not a line copied, reworded, or reused in any way...and if he took the time to actually look at the contents, he'd see I've written my jigging book from a completely different perspective with brand new information never before written elsewhere. Those that have the book can attest to it. And for what it's worth, my covers are very specifically done to match the series, as well as a lot of "artistic" meaning contained in them...look closely :-)

I don't enjoy having these types of online discussions, but sometimes a man just has to defend the honest work he's done. But thanks for the support guys, especially the PMs. I very much appreciate it. I've been here since near the beginning and have tried to be as helpful as possible over the years. I don't make much from the books, but I wanted to create a resource for OUR community because our sport is still in the infancy, developing new techniques and ideas. I hoped to add my take on the sport and to continue the positivity that is a hallmark of kayak anglers. Thanks for seeing these accusations for what they are.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
        Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
        Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
        Kokatat Pro Staff
        Torqeedo Pro Staff
        Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
        Alan

Comment

Originally posted by Yak Fish View Post
          BINGO!

I, and others (the list is very long, and thanks for the PM's sharing your stories having to deal with it as well), have had to deal with his behavior for years. It's nothing new but has been done privately. This time he's done it too publicly and too blatantly that the whole community now sees his true colors. None of those targeted engage with him because we're adults and it's absolutely ridiculous for grown men to act this way. But now he's put it out in the open for everyone to see the antagonistic bully he truly is. If he had a problem, he has my contact information. We could have discussed it like men, but instead he put out a passive aggressive post to the world with no other purpose than to tarnish my personal reputation and to discredit the work I've done. There is not a line copied, reworded, or reused in any way...and if he took the time to actually look at the contents, he'd see I've written my jigging book from a completely different perspective with brand new information never before written elsewhere. Those that have the book can attest to it. And for what it's worth, my covers are very specifically done to match the series, as well as a lot of "artistic" meaning contained in them...look closely :-)

I don't enjoy having these types of online discussions, but sometimes a man just has to defend the honest work he's done. But thanks for the support guys, especially the PMs. I very much appreciate it. I've been here since near the beginning and have tried to be as helpful as possible over the years. I don't make much from the books, but I wanted to create a resource for OUR community because our sport is still in the infancy, developing new techniques and ideas. I hoped to add my take on the sport and to continue the positivity that is a hallmark of kayak anglers. Thanks for seeing these accusations for what they are.
          If you find yourself surrounded by powerboat fisherman all snapping their fingers let us know Alan, we'll be there in about three hours to float by your side.
          2015 Hobie Outback
          2001 Dagger Cayman

John

Comment

If you find yourself surrounded by powerboat fisherman all snapping their fingers let us know Alan, we'll be there in about three hours to float by your side.
            LOL, you're the man. Thanks buddy. I hold them off until you get there :-)

Kokatat Pro Staff
            Torqeedo Pro Staff
            Humminbird Pro Staff

Alan

Comment

That dude complains about everything
              Hobie Revo 13 carribean blue

My YouTube Channel

Comment

I just looked at the Facebook pages and I didn't see that post ....... did he take it down or did I miss it

Comment

I couldnt find it either, all I see is the guy with a magazine video making a terrible fool of himself...
                  Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

He removed the original post
                    2015 Hobie Outback
                    2001 Dagger Cayman

John

Comment

Originally posted by Memory Maker View Post
                      I just looked at the Facebook pages and I didn't see that post ....... did he take it down or did I miss it
                      He took it down.
                      The comments on it were even further out of line and disrespectful.

Kokatat Pro Staff
                      Torqeedo Pro Staff
                      Humminbird Pro Staff

Alan

Comment

My son just gave me LTKT as a gift. Seems like legit and original work to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That's because it is ....... I haven't finished the 400+ pages but it is the most complete book on jigging that I've seen so far .......

Comment

Here we go again...

Capture.jpg

The ego of this guy is truly unbelievable. Anyone threatening his celebrity status is a lier and a cheat.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by silasvirus82; 12-27-2017, 03:48 PM.
                            2015 Hobie Outback
                            2001 Dagger Cayman

John

Comment

The ego of this guy is truly unbelievable. Anyone threatening his celebrity status is a liar and a cheat.
                              I think you hit the nail on the head. When he accused me of plagiarizing his book (But even before then he was never friendly to me), I called him to clear the air, which wasn't easy to do. I think that's the best way to handle these things, privately like men. He wouldn't answer so I sent him a private message letting him know that I'm not looking for an argument, rather to find common ground or go our separate ways. I couldn't believe he'd say such things without actually seeing the book with the purpose of nothing more than bashing me. At any rate, he responded in the most childish way ever. He sent me a list of things he hates about me and then blocked me, with the parting blow...if and only if I change will he ever dignify me with a response. I could copy and paste every conversation we've ever had and you'd never see me be anything but respectful to him. The drama is ridiculous and if it all centers around one guy, it's pretty easy to spot the problem. It's just fishing.

At the end of the day, I think Silvavirus hit the nail on the head with his assessment.

Kokatat Pro Staff
                              Torqeedo Pro Staff
                              Humminbird Pro Staff

Alan

Comment

Here we go again...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22781[/ATTACH]

The ego of this guy is truly unbelievable. Anyone threatening his celebrity status is a lier and a cheat.
                                sadly i cant read the pic
                                14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
                                2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Working...
                                X