Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Book Plagiarism?

Quote Originally Posted by silasvirus82 View Post

Jimbo, I'm going to start working on that knot book for you right now.

Attachment 22454

Awe John. Just when I was starting to think you’re a legit guy, you jump on the “hey I can write a book too” bandwagon. SMH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -Jimbo-

Berkley Powerpro - 100 yrd spool - 30#
    Berkley Powerpro - 100 yrd spool - 20#
    Fishbites - Saltwater version

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Awe John. Just when I was starting to think you’re a legit guy, you jump on the “hey I can write a book too” bandwagon. SMH

I'm not going to write anything. My book will be digital and comprised only of memes and gifs, and only need one reference, "internet".
    2015 Hobie Outback
    2001 Dagger Cayman

John

I'm not going to write anything. My book will be digital and comprised only of memes and gifs, and only need one reference, "internet".
    Just be sure to note the amount of time and dedication it took to do it. I think thats important.

-Jimbo-

Berkley Powerpro - 100 yrd spool - 30#
    Berkley Powerpro - 100 yrd spool - 20#
    Fishbites - Saltwater version

Shawn has had a bug up his ass about Allan for awhile and have made disparaging remarks before. I had higher regard for Shawn before this. If he makes this charge then he should either provide the quotes with the charge or shut the f up.

I have both Shawns book and Allan's book. Allan's is much better in my opinion ...... he covers jigging from A to Z and will be a classic. I am so impressed that I was going to post something even before I be finished reading it.

I can't believe Shawn is acting like this.

The posts on Kimbro's FB page today are getting more ridiculous.

Kimbro certainly has come off as the aggressor, and thus far provided no proof. I'll admit the covers of both their books are very similar, but they are both sweet covers so I can see why someone would choose it. I actually like Alan's better. I read Kimbro's first book and Alan's first book, and sensed absolutely no similarities in content, but then again Alan's first book was more specific to kayakers. Maybe a previous poster was right and someone is simply upset the other person might be stealing their thunder, and if that's the case it's pathetic.
    2015 Hobie Outback
    2001 Dagger Cayman

John

Add this as another reason why I don't use Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by DanMarino View Post
    Add this as another reason why I don't use Facebook.
    As much as I despise the negative aspects of FB, there is no denying its unique ability to keep people in tune with each other that would otherwise grow apart. To be honest, FB took a dive as soon as the baby boomers generation logged in and started bringing in social issues and their opinions. But that's just my opinion.
    2015 Hobie Outback
    2001 Dagger Cayman

John

The posts on Kimbro's FB page today are getting more ridiculous.

Maybe a previous poster was right and someone is simply upset the other person might be stealing their thunder, and if that's the case it's pathetic.
    BINGO!

I, and others (the list is very long, and thanks for the PM's sharing your stories having to deal with it as well), have had to deal with his behavior for years. It's nothing new but has been done privately. This time he's done it too publicly and too blatantly that the whole community now sees his true colors. None of those targeted engage with him because we're adults and it's absolutely ridiculous for grown men to act this way. But now he's put it out in the open for everyone to see the antagonistic bully he truly is. If he had a problem, he has my contact information. We could have discussed it like men, but instead he put out a passive aggressive post to the world with no other purpose than to tarnish my personal reputation and to discredit the work I've done. There is not a line copied, reworded, or reused in any way...and if he took the time to actually look at the contents, he'd see I've written my jigging book from a completely different perspective with brand new information never before written elsewhere. Those that have the book can attest to it. And for what it's worth, my covers are very specifically done to match the series, as well as a lot of "artistic" meaning contained in them...look closely :-)

I don't enjoy having these types of online discussions, but sometimes a man just has to defend the honest work he's done. But thanks for the support guys, especially the PMs. I very much appreciate it. I've been here since near the beginning and have tried to be as helpful as possible over the years. I don't make much from the books, but I wanted to create a resource for OUR community because our sport is still in the infancy, developing new techniques and ideas. I hoped to add my take on the sport and to continue the positivity that is a hallmark of kayak anglers. Thanks for seeing these accusations for what they are.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Kokatat Pro Staff
    Torqeedo Pro Staff
    Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback
    Alan

Quote Originally Posted by Yak Fish View Post
    BINGO!

I, and others (the list is very long, and thanks for the PM's sharing your stories having to deal with it as well), have had to deal with his behavior for years. It's nothing new but has been done privately. This time he's done it too publicly and too blatantly that the whole community now sees his true colors. None of those targeted engage with him because we're adults and it's absolutely ridiculous for grown men to act this way. But now he's put it out in the open for everyone to see the antagonistic bully he truly is. If he had a problem, he has my contact information. We could have discussed it like men, but instead he put out a passive aggressive post to the world with no other purpose than to tarnish my personal reputation and to discredit the work I've done. There is not a line copied, reworded, or reused in any way...and if he took the time to actually look at the contents, he'd see I've written my jigging book from a completely different perspective with brand new information never before written elsewhere. Those that have the book can attest to it. And for what it's worth, my covers are very specifically done to match the series, as well as a lot of "artistic" meaning contained in them...look closely :-)

I don't enjoy having these types of online discussions, but sometimes a man just has to defend the honest work he's done. But thanks for the support guys, especially the PMs. I very much appreciate it. I've been here since near the beginning and have tried to be as helpful as possible over the years. I don't make much from the books, but I wanted to create a resource for OUR community because our sport is still in the infancy, developing new techniques and ideas. I hoped to add my take on the sport and to continue the positivity that is a hallmark of kayak anglers. Thanks for seeing these accusations for what they are.
    If you find yourself surrounded by powerboat fisherman all snapping their fingers let us know Alan, we'll be there in about three hours to float by your side.
    2015 Hobie Outback
    2001 Dagger Cayman

John

If you find yourself surrounded by powerboat fisherman all snapping their fingers let us know Alan, we'll be there in about three hours to float by your side.
    LOL, you're the man. Thanks buddy. I hold them off until you get there :-)

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Kokatat Pro Staff
    Torqeedo Pro Staff
    Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback
    Alan