Nice day at Jonas Green

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice day at Jonas Green

Woke up early on Saturday morning, weather app showed overcast with no wind, made last minute call and started packing. Left house after 7 and as I hit Rt. 50 I started debating on where to go. My options were Goodhands, South river or Jonas. Glad I went with the latter. Breakfast at Naval bagels and on the water just before 9.

Didn't hope to catch much but boy was I wrong. Immediately after I launched I spotted breaking fish near bridge on academy side. Spent 5 hours trolling and casting and caught over 20 fish ranging from 18 to 23. Tried top water for the first with whopper plopped 130 and got two rocks.

Bait was thick everywear in front of academy. Rocks were full of 5-6 menhaden. Lure of choice was 5inch pearl Z-man.
    Got hit trolling by something that felt like bigger fish, didn't get it all the wait to kayak. It hit so hard it bent out T-bolt on my gear track. I hope to reconnect with that fish next week.
    Overall great day out on the water.

This is my second season kayaking and I make ton of progress every time I hit the water. Big part of it is this site. Thank you all for information you post here it help rookies like me become better fisherman and have more fun. Hope to see you on the water20171014_171429.jpg20171014_140514.jpg20171014_140510.jpg20171014_131737.jpg20171014_140148.jpg
    Last edited by RussellK; 10-15-2017, 08:33 PM.
    Ocean Kayak Trident 13
    Have fun,
    Russ

What an encouraging report -- hardly rookie results.

Congratulations.
    Mark
    Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
    Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Nicely done. Great to hear the lower river is turning on!
      Bruce

Hobie PA 14
      Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Comment

Great job.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Outback 2015
        Maui

Comment

Great morning!! Nice top water report.
          Harlan

Revo 13
          Trident 13
          Cuda 14
          Necky Tandem

Comment

Nice report and sounds like a fun day. Sites like this with people who share info is invaluable. Years ago I moved to Long Island, NY and took up saltwater fly fishing. I learned so much from a site similar to this and hopefully as I learned I helped others.
            Viking - Profish Reload Z
            Jackson Coosa - YakAttack

Comment

Congratulations on some nice-looking fish! Great to hear there are decent sized fish to be had in the Severn.
              -manny

Hobie Outback
              Wilderness Systems 130T
              Hobie Outfitter

Comment

Working...
              X