Hampton Bridge Questions Newport News VA October 17-18-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hampton Bridge Questions Newport News VA October 17-18-19

I wanted to check out the HBRT with my new Trident, and try to bag a Super Slam. Trout, Red Fish, and Flounder. I'm new to the area and wanted to know if anyone had any pointers? I planned on putting in somewhere near Mills, or Willoughby ramps.

Also, I tie my own jigs, and can not wait to try them out. I was going to tip them with chicken breasts. There is a Youtuber by the name of SeaMoneyFishing that put me on the idea.

I was inquiring about the following:

1. Any pointers on the appropriate conditions? I.e best winds, wave heights, moon phases.
    2. Any insight on decent artificials to use?
    3. Any specific areas to target?
    4. If anyone is interested in linking up while I am down there, let me know through PM.
    5. Has anyone been out there recently to give a fishing report about the area?

Tight Lines

I have launched from willoughby ramp a few times but mostly in the evening then to the night time to fish the lightline. Watch your wind and tide flow as it can get dicey out there. I was trolling the usual z-man(s) and you will catch anything from weakies/trout/blues/schoolies. Kastmasters work great too once you spot the birds and schools on the FF to jig. If you have bloodworms and bottom fish you will crush the croakers. I will miss you as I plan on fishing down there on Sunday. Be safe/good luck and let us know how you do.

Comment

Working...
    X