Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dick's in Ellicott City opens tomorrow, yay!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dick's in Ellicott City opens tomorrow, yay!

Okay, in the scheme of things this isn't that big of a deal, but I'm getting a Dick's Sporting Goods 5 minutes from my house. That's exciting to me. I used to live near the Dick's by Glen Burnie and appreciated their selection of gear. A couple months ago I went to the Dick's in Columbia only to discover that it's the only Dick's in Maryland that doesn't have a fishing department. They had all the 'Barbie and Ken' sports covered, but no fishing. Now that was sad. I'm so looking forward to having a Home Depot and a Dick's in the same parking lot. Anyway, it's good to see a new store opening rather than stores closing, and that it's a Dick's is great.

I remember when the Dicks Sporting Goods in Columbia used to have fishing gear. I was excited to see the Dicks in Ellicott City and drove by it on Saturday...only to find it wasn't open yet. Yes, I am looking forward to having other options besides Walmart and Bass Pro.

Comment

This is good news - My AE Firm was instrumental in the DSG moving into their current location in Glen Burnie, that center was in need of sigificant repairs, and we actually lifted the entire roof system and reinstalled columns to achieve the open structure ceiling height required by DSG in their lease verbiage. It all makes sense when you see the 12' surf rod rack located ONTOP of the gondola shelving!
      Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

I am glad its opening in Ellicott City As well as I live in Howard County. Is this location going to have a fishing department?

Comment

Their grand opening promo includes fishing gear, so I assume so.

Comment

Its been at least 5 years since the columbia one carried fishing gear. My guess it they couldn't compete with basspro. Hopefully this one doesnt make the same decision.
            Ryan
            Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
            Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Here is a $10 off $25 coupon for the opening

http://stores.dickssportinggoods.com...ott-city/1322/

Comment

Thanks, I may use it. Along with the one I got in their mailer.

Comment

Dick Pix:

Yeah, I thought that would get your attention!

IMG_0606.jpg

IMG_0608.jpg

If you have been to the Glen Burnie store or the Crofton store, it's about the same. It fits in a niche somewhere between Walmart and Bass Pro, very modest priced equipment for the "average" angler. Serious fishermen would be better off at Bass Pro or Tochterman's.
                  Last edited by bignose; 10-12-2017, 04:19 PM.

Comment

I was just there and agree with you. It's not really fair for me to judge the fishing supplies as I know that Dicks has changed seasons and is focused on hunting. They've got all the basics and then some, so that's good. But it certainly won't replace bass pro. I couldn't find enough that I wanted to use the $10 off coupon. It's still good to have it here and hopefully in the spring they will well stock and expand the fishing section a bit.

Comment

i'll be honest, I frequent both GB and Crofton, and the shelves are never as fully stocked as your 'dicks pix'
                      Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

One of the things I specifically looked for were Mepps #2 lures. They had about six hooks for them, and 1 lure on each hook. Only two styles too. I work in Frederick and visit their Dick's occasionally. They gave up a lot fishing shelf space to hunting gear a month or more ago. So I'm reserving judgement on their fishing supplies till next spring. It's still more choices than Walmart, which was our only other local supply store.

Comment

Working...
                        X