Anniversary Trout Dinner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anniversary Trout Dinner

Thursday 10/5 was my wedding anniversary. I was already off from work the later half of the week when my wife asked what I wanted to do for our anniversary? I wasn't going to say go fishing, but when she suggested we drop the little guy off at daycare and go paddling by ourselves - and that I could fish - well, let's just say I had the gear loaded up pretty quick .

She wanted to go to go bayside on the ESVA and suggested a couple places. I obviously had no real desire to just paddle around and sight see, so I gently steered her options towards the spot I wanted to fish. I ended up just trolling the entire time so I didn't fall too far behind her trying to cast or jig. I found a couple places I wish I had had the time to fish a little harder, but trolling still put a few in the boat. I ended up with 5 trout 17" - 21" and a bunch of the typical 16" stripers that dominate the shallows.

I ended up keeping one trout for our anniversary dinner

PA050072.jpg
    The salt/pepper, light blue grub in the picture is my new favorite color for trout. Although take that with a grain of salt because every couple trout trips I seem to have a new favorite color, haha. But that color caught 95% of my trout last weekend and all the trout yesterday. I switched colors on my second rod several times yesterday and none found a trout. Tried X-raps on the second rod too and nada.
    Brian

I am smiling while reading your post. Your post just make me happy. I am glad that you had a good wedding anniversary day. I screwed up my wedding anniversary in September due to an unexpected emergency at work. But I recovered it by hosting a good party for my wife and her friends.

Salt & pepper is my one of my favorite for specks. Anyway, it seems that specks have been heading down south. I now have the plan for tomorrow. I think I will fish for specks tomorrow in the western side (Rudee) for specks first early in the morning. I feel I may hook up a couple of 22-24 inchers.
    Then moved to Chic's Beach to launch at 10:30 AM for CBBT fishing for tog and puppy drum during the tide change from incoming to outgoing.

Thanks for posting.

Joe
    Last edited by ComeOnFish; 10-06-2017, 01:52 PM.
    Fish like there's no tomorrow.
    Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

Sounds like the prefect anniversary. She is certainly a keeper!

Glad you got to enjoy the day and the meal.
      Bruce

Hobie PA 14
      Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Comment

Working...
      X