St. Inigoes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St. Inigoes

I plan to head to St. Inigoes tomorrow morning to see if I can find some specs or reds. I've never been there but looking forward to fishing a new area. Anyone is welcome to join me. I plan to launch around daybreak. 7ish

Have fun, can definitely say that the reds are still in the area-caught some puppy drum a couple of days ago. Would join you, but have an electrician stopping by at some point this morning.
    Tight lines
    Hobie Ivory Dune Outback
    Hobie Caribbean Blue Sport
    Wilderness Red Tsunami 145
    Wilderness Green "Warhorse" Tarpon 160

Comment

Grass beds...are the key- off to the right on the shallow flats after you launch are flats that stretch all the way to Kitts Point...in the sandy open spaces between the grass beds you can catch big white perch, striped bass and the occasional redfish..throwing a bait over the grassbeds can produce specks...as well as fishing points-bouncing a curly tail gulp off the bottom will produce small flounders and the occasional croaker/spot....
      "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
      2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
      "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
      Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Too bad I didn't see all the posts on specs before I went out. I didn't see any grass beds. I ended up with 1 14 inch spec, 1 small red fish, ! decent perch, 1 large spot and around 15 schoolie rockfish.

Comment

Not a bad day, I went out later in the day a couple miles away and it was as tough a day as I've had. Well done for first time fishing the area.
          Mike
          Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

The girlfriend and I are going to give this area a try tomorrow. I will troll some and probably take some bait.
            Viking - Profish Reload Z
            Jackson Coosa - YakAttack

Comment

A couple of us launching 9:30-10 over at Piney Point. We want to catch high and then falling tide. About 3-4 miles apart as the crow flies, like 5,000 miles driving. Will be interested in how we each do.
              Mike

Comment

Great minds ... I hope ... I was thinking about the same thing, hitting the water as tide starts to go out. This will be my first time fishing here. I'll let you know how we do. Here's to bent rods.

Comment

Spent about two hours on the water, maybe a little more. First time there. Caught a couple of little Rock on a jerkbait. Nothing on Gulp on paddle tails. Beautiful place to fish. Will go again soon.

Comment

I fished Piney Point from 9:30 to 12:30. Picked up a 15" speck while transitioning over a deep channel, very strange place to catch one. Ended up with maybe a dozen dink rockfish, one blue, and the speck. Little windier than I thought it would be.
                    Mike

Comment

^ I was awaiting your report.

Does tomorrow look OK for winds? Tides same tomorrow 930AM?
                      Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

Winds look bad for next couple days.
                        Mike

Comment

Wished I could have joined up but family first...maybe next week...
                          "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
                          2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
                          "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
                          Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Originally posted by Big Mike View Post
                            I fished Piney Point from 9:30 to 12:30. Picked up a 15" speck while transitioning over a deep channel, very strange place to catch one. Ended up with maybe a dozen dink rockfish, one blue, and the speck. Little windier than I thought it would be.
                            Well you did pretty well. I might need lessons. We stayed mostly within a 100 feet of shore. I paddled out to the river and back a couple of times. The chased the GF further up the creek to see how she was doing. Nice day Big Mike.

Comment

Working...
                            X