Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eagleclaw

http://thefiberglassmanifesto.blogsp...ht-series.html

Just got an Eagle Claw Featherlight #3/4 weight fly rod as a gift. Looking forward to tossing it around this weekend.

Congrats and enjoy.
    Mark
    Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
    Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Just need to get some backing for the fly reel and I'll test it out this weekend!

Comment

Saw your thread....I have the same rod...just got it this year. Just landed this monster on it LOL...first fish with a fly rod from the kayak though....he is currently soaking at the bottom looking for catfish for me, while I try to find some more of his friends....it is a little dull, looking and on the bite side...but I'm fishing, and that is the therapy I was looking for today....IMG_20171014_123736141.jpg
        d5742131-ee08-414f-92cf-2de7f4084bf1.jpg
        Hobie Outback
        Stand Up Paddle Board
        Pelican 100

Comment

Originally posted by DanMarino View Post
          http://thefiberglassmanifesto.blogsp...ht-series.html

Just got an Eagle Claw Featherlight #3/4 weight fly rod as a gift. Looking forward to tossing it around this weekend.
          my best gift in the year my father gift him me it a gift is a fishing kayak.fishing keyck.jpg

Comment

Thanks for the comments guys. Here's a little bit of a review of it so far.

Got the Featherlight #3/4 weight fly rod as a gift. I think the price was around $26. I ordered a cheap Piscifun fly reel off of Amazon. I wanted this fly rod to use in small creeks/rivers and when fishing for sunfish in ponds.
            I think for the money it is fine. I like 2 piece fly rods. The thing seems to be made of good enough quality components for me. I am not a gear snob.

For catching sunfish, smallies, fallfish, and perhaps random largemouth bass or trout, it should be fine in the small creeks and rivers near me.

Again, I am not a gear snob. It casts ok. It is more flimsy than my 5 weight graphite rod from Cabelas. It also seems to have less power. However, I'm casting fine with the thing.

So far I have only caught a couple of bluegills and fallfish on the rod. Several of the bluegills were nice sized and fought well on the light rod.

I have been casting foam spiders, foam flip flop minnows with bucktails, and even some bead chain dropper nymphs. I'm not casting very far, but it is working fine. I don't think It would cast heavy weighted flies very far, but also my casting isn't the greatest.

I like it so far and will continue to use it. I'm in no hurry to replace it with a graphite rod and I look forward to catching more fish on it.

Comment

Working...
            X