1st time salmon fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st time salmon fishing

Went to NY for some salmon fishing on Sept 23rd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfK3oaEL1ww

Outback 2015
    Maui

Beautiful fish but boy that looks like combat fishing.
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

One of the hardest fish fight I've had. That fish was pulling line out pretty much the whole time. I had to chase it so it wouldn't spool me or go into rocks and cut the line. I think this ran harder than a gator blue for sure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Outback 2015
      Maui

Comment

Man, that looks like fun!! Congrats on the catch
        Bruce

Hobie PA 14
        Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Comment

What river were you fishing? I've been up there twice now salmon fishing, I might have to make it a yearly thing. I've caught enormous brown and rainbow trout, and some really nice king salmon out of the Oswego River. I also caught my first Coho this past August in Lake Ontario. It's such a cool fishery, catching salmon within a day's drive from MD.

Comment

Originally posted by yakscientist View Post
            What river were you fishing? I've been up there twice now salmon fishing, I might have to make it a yearly thing. I've caught enormous brown and rainbow trout, and some really nice king salmon out of the Oswego River. I also caught my first Coho this past August in Lake Ontario. It's such a cool fishery, catching salmon within a day's drive from MD.
            I might make it a yearly thing too. I fished the Oswego River. I never knew that these fish fight really hard.

Outback 2015
            Maui

Comment

Wow, talk about needing a larger net! Those are some big fish.

Comment

Originally posted by Goody View Post
                I might make it a yearly thing too. I fished the Oswego River. I never knew that these fish fight really hard.
                I smell a meet and greet... But seriously, we could do a group weekend up there next year. I've got a lot of contacts, fishing-wise, so we could do 1 day on a charter boat and another 2-3 days just out on the kayaks fishing for pike, salmon, SMB, etc.

Comment

Congrats on the catch - peeling some serious line!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  J

Comment

Originally posted by yakscientist View Post
                    I smell a meet and greet... But seriously, we could do a group weekend up there next year. I've got a lot of contacts, fishing-wise, so we could do 1 day on a charter boat and another 2-3 days just out on the kayaks fishing for pike, salmon, SMB, etc.
                    Sounds good. Let me know.

Outback 2015
                    Maui

Comment

Check out some of the kayak salmon fishing YouTube videos around some of the harbors and river mouths

Comment

id be in for that if timing worked
                        2016 Hobie Mirage Outback Olive
                        LOWRANCE Hook7

Comment

Working...
                        X