Lower/Slower Thursday Evening-Rock n' Blue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lower/Slower Thursday Evening-Rock n' Blue

Launched in the upper St. Mary's with the incoming tide around 1700 with a buddy, encountered a bit of westerly wind and got a bit wet. Headed down river, trolling a white 1/2 oz. bucktail/green grub and a 1/2 oz. white jig head/chartreuse paddle tail. Stayed on the west bank down river, crossed over above the mouth of St. Inigoes and made a pass at the mouth of St. Inigoes and trolled the east bank all the way back to the launch and pulled out at around 1930. Hooked up with six rock in the 12"-18" range along some ledges and crossing points. All were health and the large ones had some heft-as much heft as a 1"-18" rock can. Cast to a few grass banks, at around sunset. No joy. The surprise of the evening, for me, was a 16" blue (released) a few moments after sunset as I was headed in. I believe my buddy ended up hooking up with about four rock in the 12"-17" range, all health. We covered a little over six miles tonight and I suspect I'm going to be sore tomorrow, but hopefully will be able recover and fish this weekend!!! KIMG1092.jpg

Sidenote-what VHF channel are you guys on down here if I ever get out of work and make it to a M&G?
    Tight lines
    Hobie Ivory Dune Outback
    Hobie Caribbean Blue Sport
    Wilderness Red Tsunami 145
    Wilderness Green "Warhorse" Tarpon 160

Vietnam, we are on 68 when we're out. Unless I'm on high power I think my hand held has maybe 3/4-1 mile range. If there's land between us forget it. Good report.
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

Originally posted by Big Mike View Post
      Vietnam, we are on 68 when we're out. Unless I'm on high power I think my hand held has maybe 3/4-1 mile range. If there's land between us forget it. Good report.
      Funny association of words in the post...September of 1968...I was in Vietnam...one of the hottest, wettest places on Earth during the monsoon, then hot and drier than a popcorn fart during the dry season...but always hot...
      "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
      2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
      "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
      Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

The Blues seem to love that stretch of water right there at ST Inigoes! They wore me out last week, I got two about that size, the rest bit-me-off and mangled my gear for about an hour LOL

Good report and good fishing

Yak67
        2017 Hobie PA-12 Camo
        2016 Hobie Outback LE #217

Comment

Originally posted by ronaultmtd View Post
          Funny association of words in the post...September of 1968...I was in Vietnam...one of the hottest, wettest places on Earth during the monsoon, then hot and drier than a popcorn fart during the dry season...but always hot...
          Darn auto spell, his name is Viet, sold me my PA.
          Mike
          Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

Thats a good looking 16" blue
            Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

I love a long one way paddle like that!
              14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
              2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Until the wind gets up and the chop slows you down- Big Mike and I fished Friday and got two hours in when the winds kicked in- going against the wind and tide with lots of chop was wet and exhausting- that strictly is a young man's game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
                2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
                "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
                Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Working...
                X