Roaches Run - tide?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roaches Run - tide?

Is tide a big factor with the bite at Roaches Run ?
    How about time of day?

Hit it from 4:00pm to dark, outgoing to low tide,, very week bite. A few swipes and 1 13" LMB

Slack
    Captian of the plastic Navy
    1 - Mad River Canoes
    1- Tarpon 120
    1- Redfish 10
    1- Coosa HD
    2- Cuda 12
    1- Slayer Propel 10

http://reoservicesofmaryland.com/

I am curious as well. I have been planing to fish Roaches Run this year but haven't made yet. I always assumed that fishing with the incoming tide would be better as it looks like it gets pretty shallow at low tide.
    Keith

2015 Sand Hobie Outback

2017 Orange Camo Vibe Sea Ghost 130

2015 Camo Ascend FS12T

Comment

If you are talking about down by Reagan Airport..
      it seems a bit far away from both of you guys... but hey don't stop me from y'all making a trip.

Ok... I visit that area a lot because of my work.
      I met a lot of bank fisherman and a few yakers/canoers in the Spring.
      And they had good stories to tell.

I met one kayaker mid summer and not much luck, although he hadn't been there before...
      but fished in the area... suggested further south on the Potomac by the marinas.
      I have not been down that far.
      I had to chuckle with this fellows stories... as he mentioned what a bummer it was to paddle 45 minutes
      because the wind and tide had blown him around.
      Super nice fellow... and so chatty I couldn't get in how I go on a casual trip paddling 10 miles... and numerous trips 15 miles..
      my furthest paddling 21 miles.

As Summer comes on, and the water temperatures increase a large lillypad field develops on the southwest shoreline.

Could be with water temperatures increasing and algae... it is not as productive.. or the Spring is when spawning occurs..
      and more productive.

Large mouth bass, perch, is what I hear they are catching... maybe a catfish. I saw a dead snakehead on the shore one day.
      Rockfish maybe.. (from the Spring reports)

As far as your original question about tides... well seems as any fishing the top and bottom tide changes are best..
      but you never know.

This fall, if I see the locals down there hitting it I'll send you guys a message... not publicly here..

Comment

Working...
      X