Severn River Surprise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Severn River Surprise

I paddled to one of the coves on the Severn to fish for perch and thought I hooked either a small striper or a nice pickerel. Turned out to be my first Chesapeake redfish AND a personal best. Pretty good fight on an ultralight with 6lb test too

IMG_1522.jpg

Fantastic!
    Mark
    Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
    Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Wow, who would have thought
      John Rentch
      Annapolis

Native Ultimate 12 FX Pro
      Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

That is good news. I heard of another redfish getting caught somewhere in the Severn last week, but they are still pretty rare.
        John Veil
        Annapolis
        Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Peter,

Did you arrive and launch from Jonas Green as I was packiong up my red F350 to head out? I think it was a silver subaru wagon? If so, cheers!

You fared far better than I, I trolled from 7A-930A without a single bite. Restarted the FF 3 times thinking I was losing my mind - I think the heat drove the fish deep
          Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

I'm not sure if I saw you. I got to Jonas Green about 10:30 because I wanted to fish while the tide was moving. It took some searching to find where the perch were stacked up, but when I did find them I caught multiple fish in the same spot.

I didn't try anything out in the open. It was all shorelines and cove. I always keep and eye out for birds working, but didn't notice any action.

Comment

Working...
            X