Puff the magic fish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puff the magic fish

Planned on meeting Yak67 today at St Inigoes after he cleaned up on keeper specks yesterday. Was pleased to see Tom in the lot getting ready to launch. I headed to Kitts Point and Gary went to his secret sandbar. It was a perfect morning.

Fishing started off slow so I switched to my mini crankbait. Immediately caught a sick 18" striper that fought like a 6" perch. Didn't even want to touch it. Threw the lure back in and quickly had what felt like a 6" perch, nope my first ever puffer fish.

After that I found some breakers but all small and a nice 16" blue. Gary reported slow at his spot but did get a keeper speck. Tom had headed way out into the Potomac but didn't find love out there either. Still all in all a great morning with good company.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Had a good time with you Mike and Gary hope to do it again soon

Comment

Great Morning to be out with you guys Tom The Chopper Blue Fish wore my paddle tails out, and the Zmans are the most durable. I ended up with 1-keepr Spec and 2-keeper Blues. Biggest Rock was 19-and healthy.

Yak67
      2017 Hobie PA-12 Camo
      2016 Hobie Outback LE#217

Comment

Lol I know what you mean Gary I have a dozen in the bottom of my yak lol

Comment

Q: Ok, so I gotta ask: Are Chesapeake Bay Puffer Fish safe to handle?

If one Googles "Puffer Fish" there are warnings over handling most of them and coming into contact with their dangerous toxins, but it seems like there are multiple varieties of "puffers".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetraodontidae
          -manny

Hobie Outback
          Wilderness Systems 130T
          Hobie Outfitter

Comment

Originally posted by baitball View Post
            Q: Ok, so I gotta ask: Are Chesapeake Bay Puffer Fish safe to handle?

If one Googles "Puffer Fish" there are warnings over handling most of them and coming into contact with their dangerous toxins, but it seems like there are multiple varieties of "puffers".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetraodontidae
            Yes, sea squab:

http://www.carolinasportsman.com/details.php?id=2908
            Tight lines
            Hobie Ivory Dune Outback
            Hobie Caribbean Blue Sport
            Wilderness Red Tsunami 145
            Wilderness Green "Warhorse" Tarpon 160

Comment

Great report. Anytime I fish a Jersey bay, we would catch a ton of puffers.
              Although they are great eats, and I have eaten a ton of them, theyre too much damn fun to put under the knife. I think the warnings are for a different species, for those you peel with pliers.
              Jay

10' Green Slayer
              13’ Red Slayer

Comment

Ski and Summers, thanks for clearing that up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                -manny

Hobie Outback
                Wilderness Systems 130T
                Hobie Outfitter

Comment

Working...
                X