Severn Strikeout - Report and Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Severn Strikeout - Report and Questions

Launched out of Jonas today for the first time. Trolling 2 paddle tails, one 1/4 ounce and on 1/2 ounce. Chartreuse and White.

Went across just down river of 450 bridge. Trolled the wall and picked up at hit. Then Went up river mostly along shore. Hit the hump/oyster bed down river of Weems a few passes. Figured timing was good 4:30 right in the middle of flood tide. Nothing...

Crossed the river to cove outside Manresa Pond. Worked the area hard. Had a paddle tail chomped off here, Bluefish? Trolled back to launch with no hits. Did pick up more than expected grass on lures. Also infrequent leaves on hooks are showing up as common with fall fishing.

Was hoping for a early Rocktober present! Whats your experience on Severn recently. Should I be fishing edge of channels this time of year? Felt I should have fished the mouth of Weems. I'll chalk it up to the thankfully rare skunk! Still a nice time on the water with limited motor boat activity.
    WOOD DUCK 12

Try the mouths of the creeks and especially the creeks themselves. There are stripers present in each Severn tributary.
    Mark
    Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
    Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Working...
    X