Aging baby boomers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ron,
    Good luck with the knees, know the feeling. i have a Native Slayer 10, and it has become difficult with the bicycle style peddling. Hopefully by this fall, my new knee will allow more use of the Slayer, but for now I paddle my Ultimate.
    John Rentch
    Annapolis

Native Ultimate 12 FX Pro
    Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

Like the many forms of fishing itself, kayak angling gives us options. I really like to paddle in ponds or creeks. I find it relaxing. Also, I find freshwater fish in particular somewhat more challenging to catch, especially larger ones. They can be moody and often they show great restraint to my offerings. I guess that's how they got big.

Other times, I like to paddle or pedal in larger tidal waters chasing aggressive schools of stripers or perch that bite willingly once I locate them. Finding them can become a physical workout. I keep Advil on board and take two before launching and two when the first dose wears off! Nevertheless, it is an enjoyable kind of exhaustion and the aches that come afterward are worth it.

So, my message to my Baby Boomer friends is to keep launching your kayaks as long as you can whenever and wherever you can.
      Mark
      Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
      Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
      Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Working...
      X