Slower/Lower...boats catching on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slower/Lower...boats catching on

Launched at low tide yesterday to fish the incoming- wind forecast was dead wrong, AGAIN, but I said screw it...choppy...headed to my redfish honey hole...noticed a 21 foot Triton center console sitting on it...had their trolling motor down and their 225 hp outboard up...three anglers with light spinning tackle casting to the sodbanks in 2-3 fow...and they caught redfish...OK- they got that one locked up so switched to plan B...damn! Aluminum 18 foot Jonboat sitting on it with two anglers casting light tackle to the fish...the word is out...our tactics, lures and honey holes...

So I went back to hard fishing structure for stripers, specks and bluefish...and knowing the sandbars and currents scored some nice fish...a dozen or so near legal stripers, 4 that I pulled the hog trough out for a careful measure...4 nice fat 18 inch specks and 3 pound to a pound and a half bluefish...not a bad day, but...the boat guys are catching on...
    Last edited by ronaultmtd; 09-09-2017, 09:14 AM.
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Wonder how that happened. Couldn't be all the reports from the same area. With the same details. Nah that's not it.

Comment

LOL! Yeah...lots of the boat guys check out our fishing reports...and I was not mad...everyone wants to catch these bigger puppy drum...they are real fighters on light tackle...a person who spends $40K on a fishing boat isn't our enemy- they are our ally...the Skidoo Personal Watercraft that continues to buzz us time after time, zooming past laughing it up...not so much..
      "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
      2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
      "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
      Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Working...
      X