Rocky Gorge 9/3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rocky Gorge 9/3

I started my day a later than I wanted to by getting on the water a little after 7. I launched out of scotts cove and instead of tinkering with any popular spots I paddled straight towards one of my favorite coves before the bridge bend. That proved to be a wise choice. I got one dink and 2 nice bass within 10 casts, both of the good ones weighed exactly 2lbs 8ozs. One was on a whopper plopped and one on a spinner bait. After that the bite slowed drastically for the rest of the day. I worked out of the cove, and on to main lake points, laydowns, rocks, you name it. Only caught a dink smaller than the senko it hit, and a 12"er on a tube. On my paddle back to the ramp I trolled a chatter bait and a jerk bait. Got a few hit and misses on both but just as I was about to enter scotts cove I hooked up with another decent bass on the chatterbait. All in all it was a successful day! I'm thinking that Rocky Gorge will be heating up for its fall bite over the next few weeks. Tight lines!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting to see so many different baits producing. Good pictures and nice report.
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

Originally posted by Big Mike View Post
      Interesting to see so many different baits producing. Good pictures and nice report.
      Thank you! It was an interesting day. I couldn't get on a pattern and the bites didn't have any consistency, not similar structure, area, fish position, anything. I'm not complaining though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Well done! That is a successful day on the gorge!

Comment

Working...
        X