X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thrid times a charm - Potomac Smallies 9/3

Well finally,
    Friday Anacostia (Bladensburg) was a bust,
    Saturday Cash lake was a 1 fish wonder (2 of us fishing)

Today after church, me and the boy headed to the upper? Potomac, across from Old Anglers Inn.
    Parking was PACKED at the C&O canal parking, we drove to the lower lot (closest to the foot path), and someone was just pulling out.
    (Note to self: don't take the F350 Dually crew cab to the C&O canal parking on a holiday weekend)

Carrying 2 load Jackson kayaks down to the river has a workout.
    Put in around 3:30,, Bite was non existent the 1st 2 hours (Buzz bait, swim bait, grub)
    Got up to some rapids where the WW guys were playing, still no luck.
    About 6:30 - 7:00 the bite turned on for us.
    Caught 2) ~10-12" fish on the UL with RoadRunner/3" grub,
    Then hooked into what would have been my PB Smallie with the Buzz bait, but he shook off at the yak.

We beached the yaks at the base of a large rapid the WW guys were plying in, climbed up and worked the pool above the rapid from the rocks, landing a few more.
    We then lugged the yaks UP the rocks and put in above the rapids and fished it for 30 minutes, getting some good hits on the Buzz and a popper.
    Was getting dark so paddled through the WW and headed in, landing one more Smallie on the way back.

Slack
    Captian of the plastic Navy
    1 - Mad River Canoes
    1- Tarpon 120
    1- Redfish 10
    1- Coosa HD
    2- Cuda 12
    1- Slayer Propel 10

http://reoservicesofmaryland.com/

Simply awesome! I've been there. Yes, a cart helps a bunch. Haha. Nice going!

Comment

Working...
    X