Labor day fishing???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Labor day fishing???

WHo's hitting the water tomorrow?? I'm on the fence about heading out..
    '15 Yellow Hobie Outback

Fished Friday, Sat, Sun,, tomorrow doing some Roping practice on Bob (Horse)

Slack
    Captian of the plastic Navy
    1 - Mad River Canoes
    1- Tarpon 120
    1- Redfish 10
    1- Coosa HD
    2- Cuda 12
    1- Slayer Propel 10

http://reoservicesofmaryland.com/

Comment

I'm heading to Sandy Point, trying to be there before 6am. Plan on doing live lining.
      Russ
      Ocean Kayak Trident 13
      Have fun,
      Russ

Comment

Launched from Sandy Point at 7. Was at the entrance to the park at 6:30, only two cars in front of me. Plan was to do live lining, caught half dozen of spot on bloodworms in 12ft of water. Took me a while to figure out spot, they weren't near pilings and had more luck within 100ft from the bridge. As I was heading out to deeper waters saw birds working surface, two minutes and I'm there among dozen of other boats. Fish finder lit like Christmas tree. First few casts resulted in undersized fish and I decided to set up love bait hoping for bigger fish, that was a mistake. I managed to get one keeper before I tangled up in my live line. Huge waste of time and fish is gone. Stayed around for an hour, managed few sorties, all fish caught on BKD in shad color with 1/2 ounce jig. Got one hit on live line, no fish. As I was jigging spotted more birds towards Hacketts half mile oflr so away. It was fun race between man powered kayak, many boats and birds - all heading towards fish, no wonder i was late to dinner. Few dinks and time to go home.
        All resulted in pretty fun day and 22inch fish.
        Ocean Kayak Trident 13
        Have fun,
        Russ

Comment

Sounds like an exciting day. Unfortunately, I think my season is done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          '15 Yellow Hobie Outback

Comment

Working...
          X