Conowingo Dam Launch Fri 9/1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conowingo Dam Launch Fri 9/1

Hey guys, I am taking a long holiday weekend and going out early at Fisherman's park tomorrow (Friday). I had decent luck there two weeks ago with the low summer flows - drifting down from the island and paddling back up. Caught channel cat, white perch and smallish stripers. Hoping for the same tomorrow - anyone else going to be out there? I am still new and learning - the only way to get better is to get out there.
    2015 Hobie Revolution 13
    2016 Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Going down to the beach or I'd meet up with you. I have had some good luck there this summer

Comment

I think we are puting in around deer creek tomorrow
      Native Slayer 12
      Native Ultimate

Comment

If you launch at the Dam make sure to cover your vehicle with a tarp. The black birds there love to pick off rubber and plastic bits and leave scratches all over the paint. Good luck and let us know how you do! Keep an eye on the generation schedule for flows.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
        Jayce
        2017 Ivory Hobie Pro Angler 12 "The Big Easy"
        2015 Flint Camo Wilderness Systems Ride 115X Max Angler

Comment

Bite was good first thing in the morning then tapered off for us. Struggled to get a topwater bite. Flukes senkos and spinnerbaits were good
          Native Slayer 12
          Native Ultimate

Comment

Best of the morning
            IMG951367.jpg
            Native Slayer 12
            Native Ultimate

Comment

I went to the dam Friday morning but it was REALLY windy. There were two guys out there anchored close to the head of the island - couldn't tell what they were getting into if anything. I went to the Deer Creek launch - I probably won't do that again! A 76 lb wilderness systems kayak does not lend itself to climbing down rock hills. Caught one, lost another - didn't stay very long. Gliebig, might have been you and another guy launching right before me, should have introduced myself.
              2015 Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

Originally posted by belairfishing View Post
                I went to the dam Friday morning but it was REALLY windy. There were two guys out there anchored close to the head of the island - couldn't tell what they were getting into if anything. I went to the Deer Creek launch - I probably won't do that again! A 76 lb wilderness systems kayak does not lend itself to climbing down rock hills. Caught one, lost another - didn't stay very long. Gliebig, might have been you and another guy launching right before me, should have introduced myself.
                Use the stairs the go right to the mouth of Deer Creek, under the bridge.
                Hobie fleet:
                2017 Quest 13
                2015 Outback
                2014 Outback

Comment

Yep, I used the stairs...still some rocks...I was exaggerating a bit!
                  2015 Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

You mean the crazy steep set of stairs?
                    Native Slayer 12
                    Native Ultimate

Comment

Working...
                    X