Piney Point box of chocolates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Piney Point box of chocolates

Yak67 and I hit a very breezy Piney Point this morning. The day before had very reliable reports of breakers on the rocks by the bridge and we had high hopes. Launched at 6 and first 45 minutes were weak to say the least. Gary had one dink and I had a bluefish bite off. We headed off in opposite directions looking for fish. Gary picked up a 20" rock while I kept looking. On the way back I stopped pedaling near the channel and my Gulp dropped to the bottom as I screwed around in the boat. Felt a tug and pulled up a 15" flounder, on the board at last. Biggest flounder I've caught in the Potomac but I don't usually fish for them.

Rejoined Gary and we cruised the bridge where I got a blue and a perch. On the creek side I started casting on the sandbar and felt a good tug, boom a 14" drum. I had a slam without a single rockfish. Gary picked up a small trout to give us 6 different species from maybe a dozen fish. Winds and poor overall fishing drove us off around 9. Truly was a box of chocolates morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Wind aside, 6 species of fish makes for a good day!
    Bruce

Hobie PA 14
    Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Comment

Nice report!
      Tight lines
      Hobie Ivory Dune Outback
      Hobie Caribbean Blue Sport
      Wilderness Red Tsunami 145
      Wilderness Green "Warhorse" Tarpon 160

Comment

Great variety and lots of fun.
        John Veil
        Annapolis
        Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Your area is on fire!
          John Rentch
          Annapolis

Native Ultimate 12 FX Pro
          Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

Water temp has dropped 3 degrees from Monday, now at 76. With remnants of Harvey hitting this weekend I think it might go down to 74 or so. I have no idea how long our "southern" friends hang around and hope the falling water temp doesn't drive them out.
            Mike
            Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

Working...
            X