Native introduces shorter version of Titan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Native introduces shorter version of Titan

Earlier this week, Hobie announced its new model (Compass) that offers a retail price below $2000. That should be a good product for Hobie. Native already offers the Manta Ray 12 Propel kayak -- a high quality pedal drive boat also under $2000. Both models offer proven pedal drive technology at a lower price point.

Yesterday Native announced a new shorter version of its highly acclaimed Titan kayak -- the Titan Propel 10.5. The new boat should be available in October and will be quite wide (37.5") and stable but only 10'9" long. With a weight capacity of 500 lbs, it gives a small boat with big boat features. According to Native's "sneak peak" information for the 10.5 model, the Titan can more easily be transported in a truck bed while offering many of the same features as the 13.5’ model. The Titan 10.5 offers unsurpassed stability making the platform optimal for sight casting while providing plenty of leverage to reel in the catch. This boat features easy-to-reach horizontal rod storage with rod tip protection and elevated First Class Seating designed for comfortable transitions between standing and sitting. In addition, the boat features easy mounting of a Power-Pole Micro Anchor system. The Titan 10.5 can be purchased with Native's transom-style motor mount that will accept many off-the-shelf trolling motors for a power-assisted ride making this one truly versatile kayak fishing platform.

I learned about this boat for the first time yesterday. No accurate weight statistics are available yet -- these will be refined after production begins in the near future. I have not heard the retail price for the Titan 10.5 Propel yet. Stay tuned for more on this exciting new model.

John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Nice looking boat. It appears the fresh water bass fishing market has the attention of both Hobie and Native.
    Mark
    Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
    Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Curious of the weight.
      Native Slayer 12
      Native Ultimate

Comment

Originally posted by gliebig View Post
        Curious of the weight.
        My guess is seeing how it is a little bit larger and has some extra rails etc then the Propel 10 which has a fitted weight of 62 pounds. I think this will come in around 75-85+ pounds fitted weight. I am guessing on the heavier side seeing how heavy the 13.5 foot Titan is.
        Mike

2015 Hidden Oak Slayer Propel 10

Comment

With the introduction of some previous models, Native estimated the weight based on their prototypes. Once the boat got into production, the actual weight turned out to be lower than previously predicted. Since weight is a very important consideration for a kayak, I and others advised Native to put weights on their websites and other social media that were as close as possible to the actual weights. I commend Native for waiting until the boats are in full production.

Please note that the Titan Propel 10.5 will be 9" longer and 3.5" wider than the Slayer Propel 10. It will still be a smaller boat, but is likely to be somewhat heavier than the Slayer Propel 10 due to the extra plastic in the hull.
          John Veil
          Annapolis

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Thanks for posting this John. At that size and carrying capacity, it can fill the "Big guy, little boat" niche nicely. Looks like a great boat for perching or close to shore Rockfish.
            Bruce

Hobie PA 14
            Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Comment

There will also be a titan 12. Dont know tge specs yet as well, but native is coming out with a couple of new boats. Stay tuned.
              Native Watercraft Pro Staff
              2016 Native Watercraft Slayer Propel 13 Lizard Lick

2016 CCA MD "BLUE CAT" Tournament 2nd place
              33rd MSSA "THE CHAMPIONSHIP" Tournament 1st place
              2016 Curley's White Perch Tournament 1st place

Comment

Originally posted by D3NAL1 View Post
                There will also be a titan 12. Dont know tge specs yet as well, but native is coming out with a couple of new boats. Stay tuned.
                As D3NAL1 notes, Native management advised the Pro Staff team yesterday that it is introducing five new models over the next half year. The Titan 10.5 will be the first out of the gate. An intermediate sized version (between the 10.5 and the 13.5) is on the way -- it is called the Titan 12. There are three new paddle kayaks coming soon. Stayed tuned for some cool new boats!

Titans.jpg
                John Veil
                Annapolis

Comment

Working...
                X