Below Wingo 8-27

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Below Wingo 8-27

Put in at the mouth of Deer Creek. Got on a nice topwater bite in the morning. Got about 20 and lost a few more. Better size than my usual dink fest.

bass.jpg
    bass2.jpg
    bass3.jpg
    bass4.jpg
    Last edited by gliebig; 08-31-2017, 03:25 PM.
    Native Slayer 12
    Native Ultimate

Sounds like a nice day out there and a good haul. I'm heading there this weekend to do a drift, weather permitting that is. Hope I do half as well.

Jengles
    2017 Vibe Sea Ghost 130
    Jengles

2017 Vibe Sea Ghost 130 "Saxatilies Specter"

Comment

Nice report - nice smallies too. With the low flows, I have heard you can paddle around out there pretty freely. Do you find that to be true? And what kind of kayak are you carrying down that hill at the mouth? Looks like it could get a little hairy to me.

Thanks,

Steve
      2015 Hobie Revolution 13
      2016 Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

^ Yeah, that launch sucks big time. Especially since my yak weighs 80lbs. Luckily there were some very nice fellow yakers/fishermen there and they offered to help me carry it. Same as when I came back in. A couple of us helped each other out. Always nice to see.
        Mine has a wheel on the back but doesn't help much when you get to the end of the put in. They really need to fix that up to make launching easier.
        I've thought about just getting a small/cheap/lightweight yak for there. Something I can throw over my shoulder and carry.
        Native Slayer 12
        Native Ultimate

Comment

I launched there recently and it will be the last time. My outback pushed me down the hill into the water.

Comment

Nice report

Comment

Those are impressive smallmouth.

Congratulations.
              Mark
              Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
              Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
              Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

How do you get full size pics to load?
                20170827_081022.jpg
                20170827_084332.jpg
                20170827_081056.jpg
                Last edited by gliebig; 08-31-2017, 09:02 PM.
                Native Slayer 12
                Native Ultimate

Comment

The only way that I know of is to embed bigger pictures is to use tapatalk. It only works with a mobile device, they don't have a PC version. I use my phone to take the pics and they are very easy to insert into the post. They'll give you three size options, small, medium and large. Small is plenty big on my opinion. The pain for me is composing a story on a mobile keyboard, old guy with fat fingers.
                  Mike
                  Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

I was fishing that area Monday morning and picked up a couple smallies on an x-rap. I launch directly across the river at a ramp outside of port deposit. It's free and way easier than going up and down the hill at the mill. Just be sure to always call the Conowingo Dam generation hotline before you go. You're safe below 30,000cfs. Go out above that and you'll tire yourself out fighting the current and can easily turtle when getting spun in the current or broaching a rock.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
                    Jayce
                    2017 Ivory Hobie Pro Angler 12 "The Big Easy"
                    2015 Flint Camo Wilderness Systems Ride 115X Max Angler

Comment

Working...
                    X