No announcement yet.

Introducing the NEW Hobie Mirage Compass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the Compass is great...love the design features and the wide square stern like the PA and the rudder under the hull...the Revo entry bow...and a glide Mirage Drive...what's not to like? $4 or 5 hundred dollars less is a big plus...and two rod holders plus a rail system is plenty...
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Originally posted by baitball View Post
      So take my comment with a grain of salt, but what I see on the Hobie website is a bunch of young, mostly female, water sport enthusiasts enjoying pedaling their new Compass kayak.

The subliminal messaging here is Hobie is targeting the female/wife/girlfriend/daughter/young teenage son market with the hope that a lighter -- as compared to the Outback and PA-series -- boat will encourage this diaspora to join the more hard-core fishing crowd on the water (i.e. "The family that kayaks together, stays together.").
      Wish I'd seen this earlier. Back when I was in the newspaper industry (showing my age), advertisers trying to sell stuff to a male demographic would include sexy women in their ads.

Now, when they wanted to sell something to the female demographic...they'd *also* include sexy women in the ads.

Not saying you're wrong (you're probably right) but it's interesting that women move more product in general.
      I need a good paddling

Motorized 2014 Hobie Pro Angler 12
      Garmin Echomap 93sv
      RIP, favorite St. Croix Rod

Comment

Working...
      X