Susquehanna 8/27

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Susquehanna 8/27

This summer I have not fished as much as I'd like and have been reporting even less [emoji53]. However I have been making the most of my trips when I get out! Yesterday I fished the susky from 6am-5pm. I caught more fish than I could count with a few decents in the mix. Most fish were 12-13" with the betters being 16-17" weighing around 2lbs. Majority were caught on a wacky senko but chatterbaits, squarebills, and crankbaits also produced. It was a beautiful day weather wise and over all an excellent day! Here's a few of the good ones(sorry they're all selfies lol). I definitely need a hawg trough to better show the fish.

Wow, those are great. Yellow Perch, right? I think I can see the tiger stripes on them. My wife was asking me about going out on the Susky for perch. Sounds like I need to make a trip of it now. Are they hanging in deep water or along shoreline and docks like White Perch? I spent the weekend going after White Perch on the Severn and am very happy with numbers and sizes I got there, plenty of 10" up to 11.5", but I'd love to find some bigger yellows.

Thanks for the report.

Comment

Originally posted by azmdted View Post
      Wow, those are great. Yellow Perch, right? I think I can see the tiger stripes on them. My wife was asking me about going out on the Susky for perch. Sounds like I need to make a trip of it now. Are they hanging in deep water or along shoreline and docks like White Perch? I spent the weekend going after White Perch on the Severn and am very happy with numbers and sizes I got there, plenty of 10" up to 11.5", but I'd love to find some bigger yellows.

Thanks for the report.
      They are smallmouth bass. If I'm not mistaken there are plenty of perch in there though. Maybe someone will chime in and confirm. I know rockfish are plentiful as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks, that makes more sense. Wishful thinking on the Yellow Perch

Comment

Nice report AC and some great fishing. Can you share where you launch out of? Would like to get out on the Susky someday and I am not real familiar as to where is a good place to launch. Thx
          Hobie Revo 13' Tangerine
          CCA- NoVa
          Lifetime Fisherman

Comment

Originally posted by FishOnDon View Post
            Nice report AC and some great fishing. Can you share where you launch out of? Would like to get out on the Susky someday and I am not real familiar as to where is a good place to launch. Thx
            sorry for the late reply Don! I launch out of Lapidum boat ramp. The fishing is great right now. Launch out and paddle up to the island, plenty of fish to be caught in that area. Me and my buddy went up last weekend and tore them up. We paddled up to the island and drifted down to when we were adjacent to the boat ramp, but inline with the islands point. Fishing in 10'-15' with tubes, senkos, and crankbaits produced the best. My buddy got a big ol catfish as our "kicker" lol probably 24" and around 10lbs on a medium rod with a senko lol. Enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by acwatkins View Post
              This summer I have not fished as much as I'd like and have been reporting even less [emoji53]. However, I have been making the most of my trips when I get out! Yesterday I fished the sky from 6am-5pm. I caught more fish than I could count with a few cents in the mix. Most fish were 12-13" with the betters being 16-17" weighing around 2lbs. The majority were caught on a wacky Senko but chatter baits, square bills, and crankbaits also produced. It was a beautiful day weather wise and overall an excellent day! Here are a few of the good ones(sorry they're all selfies lol). I definitely need a hawg trough to better show the fish.
              Wow! Impressive one there is fishing is very good job

Comment

Working...
              X