Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got crabs? Don't worry about it... STICK IT OUT AND YOU WILL FIND THEM!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got crabs? Don't worry about it... STICK IT OUT AND YOU WILL FIND THEM!!!

https://youtu.be/n4XKG1-A2rU

Fished the Lewes Canal for some flounder. It was a typical day with boat traffic, lots of crabs, lots of peanut Blues, lots of lost bait, a few shorts, and a couple keepers.

I will say that it is sad that there are people that REALLY don't respect the rules. I make it a point to release pregnant, short, and keeping only my limit. This boat i was fishing next to was catch to icebox... no measuring... no hesistation... except when they hooked one. Made it a point to drag the flounder all the way around to the other side of the boat where no one can see and acting like they didnt catch. Then they would quietly lift the flounder directly into the icebox then take a quick glance around to seelat if anyone was watching. Not trying to be controversial because I know Asians have a bad rep for doing things like this and it IS a serious problem, but all I am going to say is that this problem is multi-cultural and we should do what we can to help make people EVERYONE aware that we are watching. If we don't preserve our fishery nobody will. I spoke to this guy and his wife, but he ignored me and moved on... I can't do anything about that at that point, but he did go home shortly after... maybe he will sit in the corner and think about what he was doing wrong.

Off the soap box...

GET THERE EARLY!!!! WATCH THE TIDES... Tides make a difference in when you will catch in the canal and beating the traffic significantly improves catch ratio.

My experience is that mid-day and after... go to the pier or the wall because although the action might be slower I usually manage keeper size and no harassment from the usual players mentioned in the intro.
    The best time spent is time that doesn't feel like it was spent at all. When it's worth it you'll give everything to do it all over again no matter what the cost.

Enjoyed the video - I like the camera angle you have there. That toadfish was huge!
    J

Comment

I guess I'll have to try the canal. I fished around the pier a couple times recently and didn't get a single flounder.

Comment

Originally posted by Jman View Post
        Enjoyed the video - I like the camera angle you have there. That toadfish was huge!
        These are babies compared to the ones at the wall haha..
        The best time spent is time that doesn't feel like it was spent at all. When it's worth it you'll give everything to do it all over again no matter what the cost.

Comment

Originally posted by mike o View Post
          I guess I'll have to try the canal. I fished around the pier a couple times recently and didn't get a single flounder.
          There is a method I like to use at the pier. I'll try to catch it on video. It usually produces a keeper or two even on the slow days.

Comment

Where do you launch to fish the canal?

Comment

I see it all the time...From the water to the cooler! Nothing goes back. It's a total lack of respect for Limits, size, species and no License. DNR writes them up and never sees them again at that spot. They move to another county and do the same thing.

eyedaddy

Comment

Originally posted by eyedaddy View Post
                I see it all the time...From the water to the cooler! Nothing goes back. It's a total lack of respect for Limits, size, species and no License. DNR writes them up and never sees them again at that spot. They move to another county and do the same thing.

eyedaddy
                yeah. I hear yuh. I just try to do what I can do. I wish they would grant fisherman the ability to write citations. This would reduce the need to have park rangers (that never really come around)

Comment

Originally posted by mike o View Post
                  Where do you launch to fish the canal?
                  Lewes Public boat Ramps. Its free parking for kayakers, but you need to park all the way at the entrance. Oh and... if you want to get in the water easy... get there early before sunrise and launch from the ramp itself. Otherwise you will have to tow your boat down to the kayak ramp which isn't bad but definitely not as easy as the boat ramp.

Comment

Nice report and great video Really frustrating to see what some folks do to our resources. Keep up the great fishing and great reports. How do we see your partners "Doormat" video??? Link???

Yak67
                    2017 Hobie PA-12 Camo
                    2016 Hobie Outback LE#217

Comment

Thanks for the report!

Nice angle on the video...
                      2015 Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

Originally posted by Yak67 View Post
                        Nice report and great video Really frustrating to see what some folks do to our resources. Keep up the great fishing and great reports. How do we see your partners "Doormat" video??? Link???

Yak67
                        2017 Hobie PA-12 Camo
                        2016 Hobie Outback LE#217
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxYAKX23uHM

Took me a while to get this up.

Totally new to this video stuff, so if you have any comments let me know. Hope you enjoy the vid.

Comment

Working...
                        X