Carrs Wharf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carrs Wharf

Has anyone ever launched from there before. Looking for some good intel on the area. It is right on the Rhode river.
    2017 Hobie PA14

Parking is quite limited there. If you are able to launch, you can go left and out to the bay -- a bit south of Beverly Triton access. Or you can go right and work the upper end of the Rhode River and its creeks. I don't have any personal experience of where to look for fish -- you will need to do your own exploring.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

If you make a right and work the piers and the shorelines you will find an abundance of white perch. If you go towards the mouth of the. Creek you can hook into some stripers if you trolling.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
      Keith

2015 Sand Hobie Outback

2017 Orange Camo Vibe Sea Ghost 130

2015 Camo Ascend FS12T

Comment

What are you looking to catch? It is an easy area size wise, I've been out of there a handful of times

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm thinking about doing some trolling for Rock then maybe switching over to WP. I'm just want to try some place different for a change. JG and the Severn are always packed. I just want to get out and do some fishing. I do HVAC for a living and this year has been non stop.
          2017 Hobie PA14

Comment

Head out to the mouth and fish the sand bar at the big duck blind. Just watch that wind

Comment

Thanks Brianisoutside.
              2017 Hobie PA14

Comment

Originally posted by Steve6902 View Post
                Thanks Brianisoutside.
                Did you make it out?

Comment

Okay so made it out on the Rhode River toady. I launched from Carrs Wharf. The fishing was terrible not a single bite. Don't even get me started on the boat traffic. But hey the parking was great and plenty of it.

Okay seriously, fishing was slow at first but picked up at the end. I landed 3 Rock, 21,18 and a dink (Baby), all on a Z man 4" paddle tail. Got several WP as well, nothing really OMG . All fish turned back safe and sound. Also meet Ben great guy, even if he is a Steelers fan. OH and parking was %£&¿¢¥ of a pain.
                  2017 Hobie PA14

Comment

I made it out this morning and the temps were great. The water was way off color. Not as bad as last week but still pretty brown. I didn't catch any rock today but did catch a few decent WP and my first croaker. It was a little baby like most "non-steeler fans" with exception of Steve so back in it went. The docks weren't producing like normal. Maybe because the wind was stacking water into the river. Can't wait till the fall for some good fishing.
                    Last edited by PigPen; 08-27-2017, 05:34 PM.
                    PigPen - Mt Airy
                    Native Mariner 12.5

Comment

Working...
                    X