Morning on the Severn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning on the Severn

Launched from Weems Creek early to do some White Perch fishing in some other creeks before the Sunday traffic becomes unbearable. Visited a couple north of the Rt 50 bridge and caught a couple dozen. They were all small 6-7", only a few were over 9". Tried to do some trollng for Rock while on the river, but the amount of floating grass made it very difficult. As I was heading back into Weems, I ran into a couple fishing the outer edge of the creek. Don't see many husband and wife teams, but this couple had some else that was kind of interesting.
    2017-08-20 10.16.55.jpg
    I asked the wife if the dog jumped into the water much, she no, that it just barked when it had to relieve itself.
    John Rentch
    Annapolis

Native Ultimate 12 FX Pro
    Hobie Revolution 11

Glad you had a good time. I'm going out next Thursday--can't wait!

Best Regards,
    Stan
    Wilderness Systems Ride 135

Comment

Nice report and photo John.

Notice the dog is wearing a PFD...a lesson for us all.
      Mark
      Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
      Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
      Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

When I picked up my pup at 8 weeks, I was gung-ho about eventually getting her on the bow of the PA. She turns 1 y/o today, and at 72lbs its hard finding an XL/XXL doggy PFD in her size. I'm just happy she likes the water, enjoys swimming, and lets me strap a gopro on her back for some cool videography.
        Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

I have a cairn terrier. Looks just like Toto in the Wizard of Oz. Although he'd fit nicely in the bow of my Ultimate, his stubbornness and independence are the reasons he stays home. Completely untrainable. He's motivated solely by chasing squirrels and eating. He'd be over the gunnels in a heartbeat at the first sign of a furry critter moving on the shoreline. I'm convinced that the only reason Toto followed Dorothy on the yellow brick road is that she had a pork chop in her pocket and there were no squirrels on the set.
          Mark
          Pasadena, MD

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
            I have a cairn terrier. Looks just like Toto in the Wizard of Oz. Although he'd fit nicely in the bow of my Ultimate, his stubbornness and independence are the reasons he stays home. Completely untrainable. He's motivated solely by chasing squirrels and eating. He'd be over the gunnels in a heartbeat at the first sign of a furry critter moving on the shoreline. I'm convinced that the only reason Toto followed Dorothy on the yellow brick road is that she had a pork chop in her pocket and there were no squirrels on the set.
            that's pretty funny... if Dorothy had pork chops, i'm sure there would be more than dogs following her... she works at Waffle House?
            2015 Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
              that's pretty funny... if Dorothy had pork chops, i'm sure there would be other type of dogs following her... she works at the Waffle House?
              2015 Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

Originally posted by Seasalt View Post
                that's pretty funny... if Dorothy had pork chops, i'm sure there would be other type of dogs following her... she works at the Waffle House?
                There are 2,100 Waffle Houses in the U.S. Perhaps there is one in the Land of Oz.
                Mark
                Pasadena, MD

Comment

114615-DEFAULT-L.jpg

But I've got a pork chop in my pocket!

Comment

Mark
                    Pasadena, MD

Comment

I don't think my GSP Speck would sit still long enough for me to launch my kayak much less sit on it for a fishing trip...he is "Action Jackson" rocketman dog...good bird dog...but not a fishing dog...
                      Last edited by ronaultmtd; 08-23-2017, 09:37 PM.
                      "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
                      2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
                      "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
                      Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Working...
                      X