Slower Lower- Swing and a miss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slower Lower- Swing and a miss

Just to illustrate the point that it is called fishing and not catching, the SMOG crew split up this early Sunday morning hitting two of our favorite frequent fishing spots...Yak 67 hit one spot while Big Mike and I hit another...for our standards it was a disappointment... I pulled the hook on a nice Redfish trying to land a green fish...my bad...that turned out to be my only Redfish...Big Mike got a red but not a legal keeper..and we pulled a lot of tricks out of the bag trying to catch lightning in a coke bottle...so no bragging pictures...not skunked but not a banner catching day...the wind forecast was dead wrong...bumpy as hell and hard to drift and cast...had one big ass CNR that finally pulled the hook...and caught our usual limit of crab pots...Yak67 reported great success on White perch but nothing else....Mike had an 11 inch white perch...I got a few and a few school stripers..so the Slower Lower was definitely slower today..
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

White perch save many trips at this time of year.
    Mark
    Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
    Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Yeah...but Big Mike was at it again this morning...a speck, a Redfish and a croaker...plus 18 inch striper in the first hour...conditions change...places you swear are devoid of any life produce under different conditions...
      "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
      2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
      "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
      Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Much better morning at Breton Bay. Got this nice 18" speck.

Switched to some pink Gulp and quickly hooked a 12" croaker.

Switched to chartreuse and then got this small redfish. Pretty sure this put me in double digits for reds this year but only one keeper. Still very encouraging how many are around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Mike
        Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

thanks for the report!

hopefully, one of these days I will join you guys... allurinol 300mg
          2015 Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

Great report. I love yaking. Seeing the sights and sound and then getting tons of exercise. hat a great sport! Thanks for the report and all the help you give fisherman-in-training like myself.

Best Regards,
            Stan
            Wilderness Systems Ride 135

Comment

Working...
            X