Dry suits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dry suits

I am interested in this dry suit by Stohlquist that is on sale from Outdoor Play. My question is has anyone ever used this brand?? Looking for pros and cons as well as size and fit. Also has anyone done business with this company??

http://www.outdoorplay.com/Stohlquist-Mens-Amp-Dry-Suit
    2017 Hobie PA14

Originally posted by Steve6902 View Post
    I am interested in this dry suit by Stohlquist that is on sale from Outdoor Play. My question is has anyone ever used this brand?? Looking for pros and cons as well as size and fit. Also has anyone done business with this company??

http://www.outdoorplay.com/Stohlquist-Mens-Amp-Dry-Suit
    I have personally used this dry suit your looking at and 2 different kokotak dry suits and one from immersion research, after all these I have landed on the NRS sidewinder due to being the most paddle friendly and comfortable and the best gaskets on wrists neck and what not! I also think the fit of the stolquist was quite restricting but I am also 6'5 270 lbs, i also am a true paddler I do not peddle and cannot due to physical injuries so if your a paddler do yourself a favor and check out the NRS line of dry suits. As far as business with stolquist there customer service was stellar as I developed several leaks on the seams and they took care of it no questions asked.... Hope that helped

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Vikingyaker, that's a start, Thanks. I am 6'3" at 275 so fit is always a concern. The XXL looked promising. And I peddle.

Anyone else have a recommendation please chime in.
      2017 Hobie PA14

Comment

Also which is better, latex or neoprene gasket??
        2017 Hobie PA14

Comment

Does anyone see reasons why this won't work for kayaking? I purchased one from ebay and plan on using it but honestly I'm little worried
          http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aerostar-CWU...AAAOSw0vBUaldv
          or
          http://www.ebay.com/itm/Anti-Exposur....c100005.m1851
          Ocean Kayak Trident 13
          Have fun,
          Russ

Comment

Also which is better, latex or neoprene gasket??
            I prefer neoprene but that's a personal opinion

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RussellK View Post
              Does anyone see reasons why this won't work for kayaking? I purchased one from ebay and plan on using it but honestly I'm little worried
              http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aerostar-CWU...AAAOSw0vBUaldv
              or
              http://www.ebay.com/itm/Anti-Exposur....c100005.m1851
              If it's NOT water resistant/proof it could be an issue. The purpose of the dry suit is to keep you dry if you turtle your kayak in cold water. It protects you from hypothermia.
              2017 Hobie PA14

Comment

Neoprene cuffs and neck gaskets won't pinch or restrict as much as the latex ones, so neoprenes the way to go for kayak fisherman and other active fisherman. I love my suit, but it's not one you've mentioned so far. It's the kokatat hydrus 3L, it's got the relief zipper, and it's just a step down in breathability from the much more expensive Gore-Tex suits. It was the cheapest lifetime warrantied suit I could find from them that had all the options I wanted, and I got it on sale for $500 I think from outdoorplay actually. The guy over the phone was really helpful in regards to sizing and all that, as my feet are much larger than my average height(5'10) would suggest, so I was worried about fitment. A large is perfect for me, gives me plenty of room to move my arms and upper body around, which is important since I currently paddle.

Comment

It's the hydrus 3L supernova angler btw, a very long name. It's pricier than the swift entry since it's got the relief zipper (a must have). I do wish it had a pocket on the outside, but I just have to put more stuff in my pfd during the winter.

Comment

I was hoping to pick one up in the off-season (summer) for a good deal, but pricing has not fluctuated significantly. I agree with you Pat, spending the extra for lifetime warranty if you are able, is worth the peace of mind and the insurance.
                    Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

Originally posted by mchottie View Post
                      I was hoping to pick one up in the off-season (summer) for a good deal, but pricing has not fluctuated significantly. I agree with you Pat, spending the extra for lifetime warranty if you are able, is worth the peace of mind and the insurance.
                      Yeah I'm one to research purchases, even ones as little as $20, extensively, but it's usually worth it when you find the right price/item. I spent 3 hours a few nights ago deciding on a new backpack, my old swissgear backpack is full of old fishing stuff and is thoroughly trashed. That's fine though, since I got many years out of it, and I will probably still clean it up a bit and use it when I fish from shore. I ended up deciding on the Osprey Nebula backpack, off amazon it was only $20 more than a comparable swissgear pack, and was much lighter, and had that all important lifetime warranty.

Comment

If it's NOT water resistant/proof it could be an issue. The purpose of the dry suit is to keep you dry if you turtle your kayak in cold water. It protects you from hypothermia.
                        How so? This is not Kokatat dry suit, I get it. But it could be affordable substitution if this is right product. It is meant to be used by coast guard in rescue operations.
                        Damn, do I need to fill out bathtub and test it out???

The CWU-86/P is an anti-exposure coverall with reinforced ruggedized patches to withstand the use of U.S. Navy aircrew men on flight over water. Flyers coveralls are proved to protect wearer frome exposure against hypothermia and exposure to cold water, wind spray, and rain in the event of a water landing.

MADE IN USA

FEATURES:
                        Ruggedized, waterproff coveralls complete with overvest, pockets, lates neckseal and neoprene wrist seals
                        Manufactured with fire-resistanct, laminated, sage green Nomex Base cloth
                        Designed to be word with or without coverall undergarment
                        Intended to be used in conjunction with waterproof socks (not included)
                        Available in 12 sizes (Small-Short to XL-Long)
                        Ocean Kayak Trident 13
                        Have fun,
                        Russ

Comment

Working...
                        X