Fishing the outer banks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishing the outer banks

I will be heading down to kitty hawk tomorrow night and staying for the weekend. Any advice for kayak fishing in this area? I will be close to 158 bridge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John (Jhoss) fishes down there frequently and if he sees this, I am sure he will chime in. In the meantime, check out some of the reports/blog entries he has written about fishing down there. I think it'll be a great place to start.

http://www.delawarepaddlesports.com/blog/

http://www.snaggedline.com/showthrea...269#post132269

Hobie Fishing Team Member
    Survival Products, Salisbury, MD

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
    2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Redfish were hitting good on popping corks with a paddle tail. And spoons when you were away from the grass.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Comment

Will they be up around kitty hawk?

Comment

Should be. Id try it out and if you can't get anything to bite then you're not too far from nags Head. The little bridge is always a hot spot.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Comment

I was down that way from 7/22-8/3 and did a lot of fishing on the sound at the causeway over to Manteo. Immediately after Whalebone Tackle, on the left, there is a great kayak launch - wooden - maintained by the city of Nags Head. You will be on the fish right away. Specks mostly for me there on 1/4 oz. jighead with 3" Gulp swirly tails. Lots of grass though. Also in Manteo, there is a public boat ramp right downtown to the left of the bridge that takes you to Festival Park. Launch there and you will see to your left some grass beds. Apparently, there is a redfish hole there and I caught many, between beds just last Monday, with 1/4 oz jigheads and Gulp shrimp w/chartreuse tails.

Good luck!
            Jim McFalls
            MSG US Army Retired
            US Army Field Band Jazz Ambassadors Class of 1998

2018 Hobie Revo 13 - Sea Grass
            2015 Elie Coast 120XE Angler - Yellow/White
            2015 Pelican Unison 136t Tandem - Orange/White
            Instagram - @jmcfalls1960
            YouTube - Jimbo the Fishin' Musician

Comment

Thanks guys. I hope the weather holds off so I can try it out

Comment

I'm headed to the OB (Avon) next Saturday, September 9, for a week. I plan on checking out the launches and areas YakFisher suggests. Any thoughts on whether I should use my paddle SIK or Hobie with Mirage Drive? Thanks-Al

Comment

I was referring to Jim McFalls launch locations---

Comment

You would be wise to check next weekend's long term weather fore cast for the OBX.
                    Irma is coming to visit.

Comment

Working...
                    X