Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What type of lure to use in the summer, in shallow water?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ronaultmtd View Post
    My only complaint with Zman is the fact they become loose on the jighead just like all the other soft plastic bodies...and if you dab on super glue it melts them...
    I read there was a brand of super glue that wouldn't melt them but I don't remember the name. I will try to find it.

Comment

Originally posted by baitball View Post
      This video should help as well:

https://youtu.be/8KVHRTEI_co
      Nice video. Thanks!
      Wilderness Systems Ride 135

Comment

They say Loctite super glue will not melt zman's.

Comment

Give it a try and see it melt...I did
          "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
          2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
          "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
          Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

This thread started about summertime lures. I was out yesterday and did well. I did my usual trolling crakbaits thing. The stripers started to hit some of the peanut bunker on the surface. I was on a shoal, so I put on a 90 Whopper Plopper. The fish were all over that thing. This was my first time using a WP. What a fun bait. I had one cut off by another fish trying to take it from the first fish that was hooked. On another occasion I caught two, one being of legal size, on the same lure same cast. I have fished breaking fish many times before, jigs, spoons and cranks, but this is a fun lure. It stays on the surface so effortlessly. If you jig the lure the tail really throws up some water and the fish just could not resist. A combination of trolling and of throwing the WP, I caught about 25 fish. A few were of legal size. All were returned. I will post a video when I get time to edit.
            Last edited by DOGFISH; 08-11-2017, 12:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mike o View Post
              They say Loctite super glue will not melt zman's.
              I'll double check mine but I think that's what I am using without any problems

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DOGFISH View Post
                This thread started about summertime lures. I was out yesterday and did well. I did my usual trolling crakbaits thing. The stripers started to hit some of the peanut bunker on the surface. I was on a shoal, so I put on a 90 Whopper Plopper. The fish were all over that thing. This was my first time using a WP. What a fun bait. I had one cut off by another fish trying to take it from the first fish that was hooked. On another occasion I caught two, one being of legal size, on the same lure same cast. I have fished breaking fish many times before, jigs, spoons and cranks, but this is a fun lure. It stays on the surface so effortlessly. If you jig the lure the tail really throws up some water and the fish just could not resist. A combination of trolling and of throwing the WP, I caught about 25 fish.
                I recently saw a video of the WP - that is one pretty cool looking lure. It seems to be catching a lot of fishermen's attention (along with a lot of fish). Congrats!
                -manny

Hobie Outback
                Wilderness Systems 130T
                Hobie Outfitter

Comment

Originally posted by baitball View Post
                  I recently saw a video of the WP - that is one pretty cool looking lure. It seems to be catching a lot of fishermen's attention (along with a lot of fish). Congrats!
                  I guess everyone forgot about the Torpedo

Comment

Originally posted by brianisoutside View Post
                    I guess everyone forgot about the Torpedo

BPS also makes their own version "double plopper" with rotating head and tail. Pay the extra for the WP (i believe the tail and fin are 1 piece) my BPS has already lost its front fin.
                    Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

I had mentioned earlier in this thread that my Skitter Pop was quite busy early this week on the Eastern Shore of VA.

A big speck, a couple of blue fish and a lot of schoolie stripers did a number on its normally handsome profile.

Here's what it looked like when I brought it home:

Popper Before.jpg

A closer look at the business end:

Popper Before (2).jpg

A little sparse in the hair department...like it's owner!

So I sent it to the beauty salon in my garage tonight for a makeover:

Popper After.jpg Popper After (2).jpg

Well-coiffed and ready to trick many more hungry fish.
                      Mark
                      Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
                      Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
                      Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Working...
                      X