Gorilla Tape Residue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gorilla Tape Residue

Anyone have a proven way to get rid of the adhesive left behind when you remove gorilla tape? I want to redo the tape on the bottom of my yak but I want to clean off the old stuff first.

I know certain adhesive removers can be brutal on certain kinds of plastic so I wanted to know if anyone has used something that worked.

Thanks!
    "Fish on a Dish" - 2017 Jackson Big Tuna
    Jackson Cuda 12

Acetone has always worked for me. leaves no residue.
    Freddie T

2016 Hobie Outback LE #236
    Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

Thank you! I will give that a shot.
      "Fish on a Dish" - 2017 Jackson Big Tuna
      Jackson Cuda 12

Comment

If it is stubborn try some 00 steel wool wetted with mineral spirits or acetone. DIY tip, it works wonderful to remove caulk residue that won't scrape off. I start with mineral spirits and if that doesn't do the trick move on to acetone or lacquer thinner. Mineral spirits is less harsh and reactive, if it does the trick I try to use that as it will not damage paints, finishes or plastics. Lacquer thinner and acetone can soften plastic and damage finishes and I don't like being to aggressive with them. Using them to do a quick wipe after the mineral spirits to clean up any residue or oiliness I feel pretty safe. Magic erasers are also a great cleaning tool and will take scuffs and residue off a kayak or anything

Comment

I used this to remove tint goo off windows. Works great for kayaks too.

Turtle Wax T-529 Label & Sticker Remover - 10 oz

Outback 2015
          Maui

Comment

Working...
          X