Breton Bay Slam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breton Bay Slam

Hooked up with Gary this morning at Breton Bay. Fishing started off slow with a few dink rocks and small perch. I left our usual haunts and went to a ledge that I like to bottom bounce Gulp at. Started with white and was catching quality perch with the occasional small rock. Ran out of white so switched to chartreuse. I did a cast and was screwing around in the boat when I felt a tug, nice 10 1/2" hardhead. Decided to troll the Gulp in shallower water when I had a nice slam of the lure. Got it to the boat and saw a monster trout but no net. Lucky to get grips on it after several anxious runs and had a 20" speck on board to complete a slam of four different fish.

Gary didn't fair as well with a few perch and no rocks today. Payback for that 25" on Monday
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Nice report!!!! I need to get in on that speck action!
    Tight lines
    Hobie Ivory Dune Outback
    Hobie Caribbean Blue Sport
    Wilderness Red Tsunami 145
    Wilderness Green "Warhorse" Tarpon 160

Comment

Wow... 20 inch Speck. Seriously nice.

Bouncing on the bottom.... No leaves and junk then to clog up the lure??? That is my problem in the Severn. As soon the lure touches bottom, I've got to haul it in to clean off the muck.

Best Regards,
      Stan
      Wilderness Systems Ride 135

Comment

Nice. I've been curious about fishing in there. Did you launch right in the circle in town??

Keith

Comment

We launch at Abells Wharf. The bottom in the bay is fairly solid with little to no mud or vegetation where we are.
          Mike

Comment

I'm sure that spec produced some tasty fillets. Congrats!
            -manny

Hobie Outback
            Wilderness Systems 130T
            Hobie Outfitter

Comment

We had it last night, made it en papillate style. Baked in parchment with fennel, garlic, lemon, butter and wine. Fantastic. Gary and I went back today, got a 12" croaker, a baby drum, several quality but not keeper stripers and some decent perch. Chartreuse Gulp still kicking butt.
              Mike

Comment

Working...
              X